PDA

View Full Version : [TSN] No Supplementary Discipline Expected for Chris Kreider Hit on Jonas Brodin

Phil in Absentia
10-28-2014, 10:43 AM
:tweet: @TSNBobMcKenzie: No supplementary discipline expected for NYR Chris Kreider for his hit last night on MIN's Jonas Brodin. He received 5-minute major and GM.

--

Didn't think he'd get anything, but this is definitely a relief.

EdMc28
10-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Good

G1000
10-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Right call.

If you want some fun, I'd head over to HFBoards right now. That place is going to go nuts when this hits the main board. It's funny watching them dumb it up.

phillyb™
10-28-2014, 11:19 AM
good. penalty on the ice and a game misconduct was enough.

Valriera
10-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Agree, this is fair. Kreider clearly tries to hold up here as the defenseman stops way short of the boards. Major and GM was plenty, I think a major would have been the right call without the GM.

NYR2711
10-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Glad there is nothing further on him, but he needs to learn to play a little bit smarter.

Mike
10-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Next close one, and he won't get the benefit of the doubt. I thought he'd get 1 game, but maybe being tossed so early was good enough.

GordonGecko
10-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Right call.

If you want some fun, I'd head over to HFBoards right now. That place is going to go nuts when this hits the main board. It's funny watching them dumb it up.

haha, you called it: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1761365

cousin
10-28-2014, 01:18 PM
With a little Xanax Kreider should be fine

Myusername
10-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Right call.

I just read through some of it and it's hilarious

phillyb™
10-28-2014, 02:22 PM
I just read through some of it and it's hilarious

pointy boards...
panties in a bunch boards...

FleshistheFever
10-28-2014, 03:54 PM
The boy is a freight train. Nobody in the league wants to meet Kreider at the end of a full speed chase behind the net or in a corner. Sorry, if you're a little nervous and lose your footing because you dont know how to handle the situation. Sorry, you werent born with tremendous speed, size, and strength. If you dont want to die, get out of the way, let CK get it, and then make your move. This is going to happen to Kreider for the remainder of his career. Either opponents have to adjust to his game to avoid injury or we need to get used to it. This clearly doesnt deserve a suspension but its going to be a common catch 22 situation with Kreids for the remainder of his tenure in the NHL.

Pete
10-28-2014, 04:00 PM
The boy is a freight train. Nobody in the league wants to meet Kreider at the end of a full speed chase behind the net or in a corner. Sorry, if you're a little nervous and lose your footing because you dont know how to handle the situation. Sorry, you werent born with tremendous speed, size, and strength. If you dont want to die, get out of the way, let CK get it, and then make your move. This is going to happen to Kreider for the remainder of his career. Either opponents have to adjust to his game to avoid injury or we need to get used to it. This clearly doesnt deserve a suspension but its going to be a common catch 22 situation with Kreids for the remainder of his tenure in the NHL.

Well...Let's not act like that hit was legal. It wasn't. It was just determined that he suffered enough reprimand.

Now, should he deliver that hit again, and the game misconducts pile up, he'll be suspended for sure. He will have to change. Not the rest of the league.

FleshistheFever
10-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Well...Let's not act like that hit was legal. It wasn't. It was just determined that he suffered enough reprimand.

Now, should he deliver that hit again, and the game misconducts pile up, he'll be suspended for sure. He will have to change. Not the rest of the league.

Youre right. :( What can he do to avoid it? Not everything he does is intentional and that also needs to be recognized. You ever try to catch a speeding bullet with your teeth?

Pete
10-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Youre right. :( What can he do to avoid it? Not everything he does is intentional and that also needs to be recognized. You ever try to catch a speeding bullet with your teeth?

He's going to have to learn to pull up or bear-hug guys. Mean, the way I see it, 2 things happen if CK doesn't put the brakes on...Brodin stops and Kreider boards him, or CK crunches Brodin and gets called for charging. He was just going too fast and too hard.

FleshistheFever
10-28-2014, 05:07 PM
He's going to have to learn to pull up or bear-hug guys. Mean, the way I see it, 2 things happen if CK doesn't put the brakes on...Brodin stops and Kreider boards him, or CK crunches Brodin and gets called for charging. He was just going too fast and too hard..

This makes me angry but you're right. We finally get some size and the league goes in the opposite direction. Its like joking around, competing in a basketball game against a 8 year old. You run down the court, he puts up a shot, you try to block it in good fun but bump him in motion and the little guy goes down, scrapes a knee, bangs his head, and cries. I didnt mean to hurt the little fella but he's so frail that the slightest push sent him flying. Now, I've learned my lesson but who's to say it wont happen again? Accidents happen without intention. You put someone whos 240lbs against someone whos 185lbs in a competition and the little guy is going to get whats coming to him. Obviously, we have to play by the rules but there is an imbalance here, no?

Pete
10-28-2014, 05:11 PM

This makes me angry but you're right. We finally get some size and the league goes in the opposite direction. Its like joking around, competing in a basketball game against a 8 year old. You run down the court, he puts up a shot, you try to block it in good fun but bump him in motion and the little guy goes down, scrapes a knee, bangs his head, and cries. I didnt mean to hurt the little fella but he's so frail that the slightest push sent him flying. Now, I've learned my lesson but who's to say it wont happen again? Accidents happen without intention. You put someone whos 240lbs against someone whos 185lbs in a competition and the little guy is going to get whats coming to him. Obviously, we have to play by the rules but there is an imbalance here, no?

Well the problem is he had time to pull up. He just didn't.

Mike
10-28-2014, 09:56 PM
Well the problem is he had time to pull up. He just didn't.
Wrong. He did pull up. He just chose to pimp shove him into the boards.

Pete
10-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Wrong. He did pull up. He just chose to pimp shove him into the boards.

:rolleyes:

Mike
10-28-2014, 10:00 PM
:rolleyes:

Lol. Welllllll .....