PDA

View Full Version : Star of the Game: [RS] (#07): 10/21/14 • Rangers v New Jersey Devils • 4-3 OTW

JOHN
10-21-2014, 09:42 PM
What you are voting on:

The New York Rangers' star of the game. That is to say the player on the ice following the game who stood out the most during it, put forth the best effort during it, was the most integral to the teams’ success in an overall sense or perhaps simply all of the above.

Please remember here, you're voting the star of the game, not necessarily the play of the game. A guy scoring a goal with 0:30 left in the game who didn't do anything else all night really doesn't deserve to win over a guy who may not have scored but worked all 60:00 effectively.

While no one can force you to vote for someone you don't want to, we do ask that you vote objectively in these threads as the results are taken somewhat seriously.

Who You CAN Vote For:

• New York Rangers' players who played* in the game

Who You CANNOT Vote For:

• Scratched/injured players
• Opposing players
• Former players
• On-ice or off-ice officials
• Coaching staffs
• Fans of either team
• No one (as an actual vote — if you wish to abstain from voting, simply abstain from voting.)

*Enver Lisin Rule: A player who is dressed for the game, but registered 0:00 of actual ice-time is not eligible to be voted for. A player must have been on the ice for at least 0:01 in order to be eligible.

——————————————————————————————

REGULAR SEASON:

01. Rick Nash (10/9/2014 @ St. Louis Blues 3-2 W)
02. Lee Stempniak (10/11/2014 @ Columbus Blue Jackets 5-2 L)
03. Lee Stempniak (10/12/2014 v. Toronto Maple Leafs 6-3 L)
04. Rick Nash (10/14/2014 v. New York Islanders 6-3 L)
05. Rick Nash (10/16/2014 v. Carolina Hurricanes 2-1 W)
06. Henrik Lundqvist (10/19/2014 v. San Jose Sharks 4-0 W)

Jules
10-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Kreider was fuckin' money tonight.

Phil in Absentia
10-21-2014, 09:46 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4334542/BSBH/GhostKreider.jpg

JOHN
10-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Despite a bad penalty, I have to agree. He was in it the whole game and made things happen. I am giving Marc Staal the under the radar HM here too, he looked great tonight.

phillyb™
10-21-2014, 09:48 PM
voted kreider.
i think hunwick had a good game.
nash was certainly a consideration for that tying goal. he took the body. he went to the front of the net.

So Nashty
10-21-2014, 09:55 PM
voted kreider.
i think hunwick had a good game.
nash was certainly a consideration for that tying goal. he took the body. he went to the front of the net.

also though meuller (sp?) was really good all night. but kreids def. gets it.

AmericanJesus
10-21-2014, 09:57 PM
Had Hunwick till that last play by Kreider.

Puck Head
10-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Hunwick doing a heck of a job.
J. Moore not completely terrible at all, much better from him last few games.
I think those two playing well along with Klein make a huge difference.

Nice game, first emotional moment of season IMO.

Faiz
10-22-2014, 01:15 AM
Gave it to Kreider, but Klein... oh man. The way he waited and took his time on that shot, was not expected was a beautiful goal not just for a defender, but any player.

Slobberknocker
10-22-2014, 06:44 AM
agreed on krieder. just a really noticeable performance. Even though he takes a penalty there love he knocks that guy on his ass in front of the net. you could argue it's why they lay off him before he dishes to klein.

His skating essentially says: "I can hurt you"

Morphinity
10-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Kreider made a difference so I'll go with him, but Hank was on point all night. He made some huge saves, especially late in the tied game. Not even sure why Staal is up there.

phillyb™
10-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Kreider made a difference so I'll go with him, but Hank was on point all night. He made some huge saves, especially late in the tied game. Not even sure why Staal is up there.

lol. i was thinking the same thing.

Pete
10-22-2014, 10:46 AM

lol. i was thinking the same thing.

Because Chappie thinks Staal is the lynchpin of the D. :p

Valriera
10-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Kreider's goal was offset by his bad penalty, but that play to setup the winner was absolutely beautiful. If anybody wants to learn how to create space for another guy, watch that play: skate at your teammate's mark with speed, and as soon as he peels off and goes for you, make the dish. Perfectly executed and textbook 2 on 2.