PDA

View Full Version : [Hartnett] Highly-Motivated J.T. Miller Is Looking To Stick With Rangers

Thump23
09-10-2014, 01:15 PM
The message was that Miller needed to raise his on-ice and off-ice commitment levels to realize his full potential and become a full-time NHL player.

A highly-motivated Miller has heard the message loud and clear. He is prepared to meet his coach’s expectations by coming into training camp in excellent shape. Miller has joined the Rangers for their non-mandatory informal skates before training camp begins on September 18.

“The only thing I can control right now is what kind of shape I come into camp in,” Miller said on Tuesday at the Rangers’ Greenburgh, N.Y. training complex. “When it’s time to fight for a spot, my goal is to try to stay.”

Miller has dedicated himself to offseason training. The only break from his routine came during a brief vacation to Hawaii to attend his mother’s wedding.

“I only took a week or two off,” Miller said. “It was short. I’ve been here since the 18th of August. I went out to Hawaii for my mom’s wedding, which was really nice. It was a good week. I’ve only taken a week or two off and come back to it.”

Miller reflected on the pointed comments made by Vigneault in April. He said he did not take Vigneault’s criticisms personally. Miller understands that the comments came from a constructive standpoint and were fully intended for his long-term benefit.

“I definitely didn’t take it personal,” Miller said. “The only thing you can do is learn from mistakes and try to be a better pro. Obviously, he’s been helpful telling me in a constructive way like that.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/10/hartnett-highly-motivated-j-t-miller-is-looking-to-stick-with-rangers/

--

Atta' boy JT.

TwoMinutesForNothing
09-10-2014, 01:24 PM
This is terrible journalism. Describe the quote almost word for word and then place the actual quote right after, as it repeats what you just said? Multiple times? How does this guy have a job?

Thump23
09-10-2014, 01:30 PM
This is terrible journalism. Describe the quote almost word for word and then place the actual quote right after, as it repeats what you just said? Multiple times? How does this guy have a job?

I'll live with the shoddy journalism if it means Miller has removed his head from his ass and is ready to go this season. He's the teams best option for 3rd line center.

Future
09-10-2014, 01:38 PM
lol...it was also just a really long-winded way of saying "Miller is working hard." Welcome to offseason journalism. Having said that, it's better than "nobody knows where Miller is right now."

So Nashty
09-10-2014, 01:43 PM
lol...it was also just a really long-winded way of saying "Miller is working hard." Welcome to offseason journalism. Having said that, it's better than "nobody knows where Miller is right now."

"Where's Miller?"... I feel a new forum game coming a la "many faces of Dubinsky"

Phil in Absentia
09-10-2014, 01:47 PM
"Where's Miller?"... I feel a new forum game coming a la "many faces of Dubinsky"

Like Where's Waldo? :rofl:

So Nashty
09-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Yepp. We try to spot him in the crowd after he doesn't get dressed for games.

Ranger Lothbrok
09-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Man oh man. I really really hope he puts his money where his mouth is. I am absolutely in love with this kid's ability. He's had maturity issues, albeit not as bad as some young players, but he's already growing out of it. But I love the raw ability I've seen from him in his brief stints at the NHL level. He's fast, he's strong, he's got sound offensive instincts, etc.. Like any young player that's not one of those generational franchise talents, he's got a lot of polishing to do. From what I've seen, however, I am utterly thrilled with the fact that we have him. I really think he has a chance to be something special here.

My one fear is that he falls victim to the MSG-itis. That bizarre, inexplicable lack of patience with young players that produces the mentality, "if he's not scoring 3 goals a game despite getting 3rd and 4th line minutes and line-mates then he's garbage." I actually was rather frightened by the amount of people willing add him as a "throw-in" sweetener to trades this past season. I hope management is nowhere near close to that mentality. That, to me, was both short-sighted and a poor assessment of his ability.

Kick some ass JT. We need help at center, and we need it to be talented but cost-effective. AKA: you.

Pete
09-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I remember all those year's Prucha was the best in shape at camp...And then...Scratch!

Just kidding.

This is exactly the type of attitude you want to see. I want to see it translate.

So Nashty
09-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Hope he has a fantastic season.

Respecttheblue
09-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Man oh man. I really really hope he puts his money where his mouth is. I am absolutely in love with this kid's ability. He's had maturity issues, albeit not as bad as some young players, but he's already growing out of it. But I love the raw ability I've seen from him in his brief stints at the NHL level. He's fast, he's strong, he's got sound offensive instincts, etc.. Like any young player that's not one of those generational franchise talents, he's got a lot of polishing to do. From what I've seen, however, I am utterly thrilled with the fact that we have him. I really think he has a chance to be something special here.

My one fear is that he falls victim to the MSG-itis. That bizarre, inexplicable lack of patience with young players that produces the mentality, "if he's not scoring 3 goals a game despite getting 3rd and 4th line minutes and line-mates then he's garbage." I actually was rather frightened by the amount of people willing add him as a "throw-in" sweetener to trades this past season. I hope management is nowhere near close to that mentality. That, to me, was both short-sighted and a poor assessment of his ability.

Kick some ass JT. We need help at center, and we need it to be talented but cost-effective. AKA: you.

Yep, that was scary ... especially here. I realize his output was underwhelming, but he was your prototypical yo-yo, and charged with being defensively responsible above all in his early appearances.

Dude made an a committed decision to play for the Plymouth Whalers (over North Dakota and the NCAA) to hopefully speed his career along. I'd give him more time.

Read: Is The NCAA The Better Option For JT Miller?
July 22nd, 2011 3:23 pm
At Hockey Buzz, Julie Robenhymer writes that choosing the OHL over the North Dakota and the NCAA’s may not be the best thing for JT Miller’s development.

She calls Miller a “heck of a player” and says that the OHL may not be challenging enough for him.

Robenhymer cites North Dakota’s program and pedigree for breeding NHL players as things that could have benefited Miller.

Ryan Bourque said that the junior hockey route is preferable because of it’s similarity to the pro game.

http://snyrangersblog.com/category/jt-miller/jt-miller-ncaa-ohl/

Vodka Drunkenski
09-10-2014, 10:25 PM
I remember all those year's Prucha was the best in shape at camp...And then...Scratch! Just kidding. This is exactly the type of attitude you want to see. I want to see it translate.

Funny, same thing came to mind.

Slobberknocker
09-11-2014, 10:17 AM
talk the talk. walk the walk.

Mike
09-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Blah, blah. Nothing else for him to say. Drop the puck.