PDA

View Full Version : Arrests Made in Connection with Overdose Death of Derek Boogaard

Phil in Absentia
09-09-2014, 12:48 PM
:tweet: @kevin_mcgran: Arrests have been made in connection with the overdose death of @NYRangers player Derek Boogaard. Story to come.

--

McGran is a writer for The Star in Toronto. Chris Kuc of The Chicago Tribune also re-tweeted this.

AmericanJesus
09-09-2014, 12:51 PM
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/26486957/arrests-connected-to-death-of-rangers-player-derek-boogaard

Law enforcement sources say that Jordan Hart, the son of New York Islanders legend Gary Hart, was arrested on Long Island this morning by the DEA's New York drug enforcement task force.

Sources say that Hart was supplying Boogaard, a former Rangers' enforcer, with the prescription painkillers that killed him.

Sources say that Hart could face 20+ years in prison if convicted.

Mike
09-09-2014, 01:40 PM
What happens to the teammate that hooked him up with Hart? Are there any consequences for him making the connection?

thecurse0101
09-09-2014, 02:45 PM
What happens to the teammate that hooked him up with Hart? Are there any consequences for him making the connection?

Who was said teammate?

Phil in Absentia
09-09-2014, 03:19 PM
:tweet: @KatieStrangESPN: Indictment also details an unidentified Rangers player on 2010-11 team helped facilitate illegal Rx drug purchase between Boogaard and Hart

:tweet: @KatieStrangESPN: A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's office declined to comment on whether they will pursue charges against that player

--

Uh oh...

Pete
09-09-2014, 03:20 PM
MDZ.

Hart was arrested on LI.

Tavares plays on LI.

DZ and Tavares were teammates in junior.

This is how rumors happen.

Captain Clutch
09-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Avery? Dubi? Christensen?

I think Chsitensen was on an IV of Zoloft

MacTruck
09-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Better not be Hank or Mac

Pete
09-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Better not be Hank or Mac

Pretty sure there's nothing to worry about.

AmericanJesus
09-09-2014, 06:14 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20102011&gameType=2&team=NYR&position=S&country=&status=&viewName=summary#

My money's on Chris Drury. Guy had to be on pain killers in 10/11.

Mike
09-09-2014, 07:42 PM
MDZ.

Hart was arrested on LI.

Tavares plays on LI.

DZ and Tavares were teammates in junior.

This is how rumors happen.
lol. Wasn't 10/11 the year DZ spent in the A?

EdMc28
09-09-2014, 08:21 PM

Yup.

Pete
09-09-2014, 08:31 PM

Yup.

Not the whole year.

Vodka Drunkenski
09-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Doobie Doobie doooo

TwoMinutesForNothing
09-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Ruslan played for the Isles prior to that season, but my money would be on Gilroy as he is from Long Island.

Mike
09-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Ruslan played for the Isles prior to that season, but my money would be on Gilroy as he is from Long Island.

Gilroy? I don't Midol counts as a pain killer.

TwoMinutesForNothing
09-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Definitely Gilroy. This is the person in question.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=73796

Same age, from the same area and both playing in Hockey East at the same time. Likely worked out together in NCAA offseasons.

Morphinity
09-09-2014, 10:48 PM
You get 20+ years for someone else overdosing on pills you provided? That seems pretty stupid.

cousin
09-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Gilroy? I don't Midol counts as a pain killer.:rofl::D:rofl::D

Pete
09-09-2014, 10:57 PM
You get 20+ years for someone else overdosing on pills you provided? That seems pretty stupid.

He was distributing narcotics. Multiple counts.

TwoMinutesForNothing
09-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Anyone know if Gilroy ever had a twitter? He doesn't seem to have one now.

Mike
09-10-2014, 05:04 AM
I'm not saying it isn't Gilroy, but everyone knows each other in the hockey world. A connection could be made in ways we'd never imagine, or be able to research. And I could be totally wrong, but Gilroy doesn't strike me as a guy who would be involved with that shit.

AmericanJesus
09-10-2014, 08:27 AM
I'm not saying it isn't Gilroy, but everyone knows each other in the hockey world. A connection could be made in ways we'd never imagine, or be able to research. And I could be totally wrong, but Gilroy doesn't strike me as a guy who would be involved with that shit.

Really? He seems like the exact type. College boy. Obviously had his eyes on NHL stardom at one time but never drafted. Not like we are talking crack dealer.

Mike
09-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Really? He seems like the exact type. College boy. Obviously had his eyes on NHL stardom at one time but never drafted. Not like we are talking crack dealer.

Oxy's and percs are just as dangerous as crack. Oxy is heroin. Just because they don't deal out of the hood, doesn't make them any better. I don't understand what being a college kid, and undrafted has anything to do with an association of pain killers. PED's would make more sense.

Vodka Drunkenski
09-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Chris Rock said it best, they don't want you buying street drugs, they want you buying their drugs.

EdMc28
09-10-2014, 11:58 AM
It's like Law and Order BSBH edition in here, I love it.

In theory if it was Gilroy and he's over in the KHL playing now how would legal ramifications in the USA effect him? Is he playing in a country where they'll work with America to apprehend him?

Pete
09-10-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't think anything can be done to the player. He didn't commit a crime.

"Do you know a guy who has oxy?"

"This guy may have them for his injuries."

What happens after that is out of his control.

Patrick Bateman
09-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Oxy's and percs are just as dangerous as crack. Oxy is heroin. Just because they don't deal out of the hood, doesn't make them any better. I don't understand what being a college kid, and undrafted has anything to do with an association of pain killers. PED's would make more sense.

Most college kids do pills

Mike
09-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Most college kids do pills

Most people pop pills. I just don't agree with the way Dave correlated that specific instance.

AmericanJesus
09-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Just that suburbanites snagging their parent's pills is what I think of in regards to prescription drug trafficking. I wasn't talking about the strength of one drug to another. More about acquisition than anything else. The undrafted part was about a young guy who had dreams of being wealthy based on his hockey talent finding himself a long shot to make it to AHL, let alone the NHL. What's a quick way to make the kind of cash you were hoping for? Sell prescription drugs.

I'm not saying it was Gilroy's role in this. Just that his background is the type.

Mike
09-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Just that suburbanites snagging their parent's pills is what I think of in regards to prescription drug trafficking. I wasn't talking about the strength of one drug to another. More about acquisition than anything else. The undrafted part was about a young guy who had dreams of being wealthy based on his hockey talent finding himself a long shot to make it to AHL, let alone the NHL. What's a quick way to make the kind of cash you were hoping for? Sell prescription drugs.

I'm not saying it was Gilroy's role in this. Just that his background is the type.

Ahh, as in he was in it for the money? That's a little different, but I still can't picture Gilroy in that role. Idk, I could be wrong. He could be Nino Brown for all I know.

SaveByRichter35
09-12-2014, 06:16 PM
LOL Jordy Hart...I worked with him at the Rinx in high school. Pops must be so proud!

Mike
09-12-2014, 08:03 PM
LOL Jordy Hart...I worked with him at the Rinx in high school. Pops must be so proud!

I hate that place. A rink in the woods.

High and Wide
09-12-2014, 10:22 PM

I hate it because open skate is always held in conjunction with daycare.

EdMc28
09-13-2014, 12:07 AM

I remember when the rinx was the place on long island. Now in the past few years we've had a number of fantastic facilities built. Just wait until you have a tourney at twin rinks. Place is amazing.

Mike
09-13-2014, 05:53 AM
I remember when the rinx was the place on long island. Now in the past few years we've had a number of fantastic facilities built. Just wait until you have a tourney at twin rinks. Place is amazing.
We're there next month for a league game. The Ferraro brothers held a pw all-star game there last month, and someone asked us to go, but we couldn't make it work. I heard it's beautiful there.

NYR2711
09-13-2014, 05:54 PM
It very well could have even been Gabby. He was injury prone, and he was really good friends with Boo. Not saying its true, but it is something to think about.

SaveByRichter35
09-15-2014, 01:05 AM
It's still the best rink out here in Suffolk.