PDA

View Full Version : Rumor/Report: MSG Have "Serious Interest" in MLSE CEO Tim Leiweke

Phil in Absentia
08-21-2014, 10:43 AM
:tweet: @JSportsnet: So the Lieweke story is somewhat true...staying for now...or until June 2015...which coincides with his 2 year non-compete from AEG.

:tweet: @JSportsnet: Hearing that both MSG and NBC/Comcast have serious interest in Lieweke.

--

MSG obviously being the parent company of the Rangers makes this Rangers-related. Above-the-head of Sather type exec.

I am Scags
08-21-2014, 10:51 AM
:tweet: @JSportsnet: So the Lieweke story is somewhat true...staying for now...or until June 2015...which coincides with his 2 year non-compete from AEG.

:tweet: @JSportsnet: Hearing that both MSG and NBC/Comcast have serious interest in Lieweke.

--

MSG obviously being the parent company of the Rangers makes this Rangers-related. Above-the-head of Sather type exec.

I'm not sure I follow this though. Is this someone that would run MSG and I presume report directly to Dolan? Or this someone who would take over for Dolan in the day to day operations?
Only reason I ask the latter is because I can't see Dolan wanting to relinquish those powers..lol

Pete
08-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Almost the role Checketts had years ago?

Phil in Absentia
08-21-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure I follow this though. Is this someone that would run MSG and I presume report directly to Dolan? Or this someone who would take over for Dolan in the day to day operations?
Only reason I ask the latter is because I can't see Dolan wanting to relinquish those powers..lol

Almost the role Checketts had years ago?

That's my guess, yeah. Checketts was President and CEO of MSG. I'm not sure who holds that title right now, but you'd have to imagine Lieweke would essentially step into any role directly beneath Dolan, as owner.

13 Zherdev 13
08-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Tad Smith is the current President and CEO.