CreaseCrusader91
08-10-2014, 12:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/R6QMAU0.png

http://i.imgur.com/BhPKuuy.png

Team predicted to finish No. 3 in Metropolitan Division

Credit: The Hockey News 2014-15 Yearbook

Vodka Drunkenski
08-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Note the first sentence under St Louis picture...for those that still don't think it's an issue

momentum
08-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Note the first sentence under St Louis picture...for those that still don't think it's an issue

Everyone knows it's an issue, some folks are just in denial that's all. Some ppl think if you say we need an improvement at top center position it means you hate Stepan or think he's crappy.

Myusername
08-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Do we really have the worst farm in the league? Jeez

Mike
08-11-2014, 12:41 AM
McIlrath listed as 9-10 on the depth chart. Excellent.

Best positive thing I see is that Brad Richards will not lead the Rangers in ice time this year.

H-Dreamer
08-11-2014, 03:11 AM
Is there a depth chart? I only see a alphabetical listing of players.

Mike
08-11-2014, 05:20 AM
Is there a depth chart? I only see a alphabetical listing of players.

Look under St. Louis

G1000
08-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Look under St. Louis

Odd, but I can't see him or Allen actually being behind Kostka or Hunwick. I think that's just a "hey, this guy was in the NHL already" sort of thing.

Looks to be healthy competition for #7

Mike
08-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Odd, but I can't see him or Allen actually being behind Kostka or Hunwick. I think that's just a "hey, this guy was in the NHL already" sort of thing.

Looks to be healthy competition for #7

Could be, but I think they're listed that way fo a reason

Drew a Penalty
08-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Could be, but I think they're listed that way fo a reason

I agree with Rhom here. Check out the LW depth chart. Tanner Glass is third. If Tanner Glass is our third best LW we might as well just give up now.

Phil in Absentia
08-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Zucc played LW all last season, so Glass is not third in that list. He's fourth.

It goes Kreider, Zucc, Hagelin, Glass, everyone else.

The team is fine, generally speaking, on the wing. It's at center they lack.

AmericanJesus
08-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Zucc played LW all last season, so Glass is not third in that list. He's fourth.

It goes Kreider, Zucc, Hagelin, Glass, everyone else.

The team is fine, generally speaking, on the wing. It's at center they lack.

I thought MZA played RW and Pouliot was on the left on that line. MZA played left wing prior to last season though. I suspect we'll see a loaded up top two lines containing Stepan, Brassard, Nash, MSL, MZA and Kreider. The 3rd and 4th lines will shake out from the rest of the team, but I doubt that will feature Glass anywhere higher than 4th line LW/13th forward depending on opponent. The depth chart seems off in a lot of places, although it may be weighted some towards likely roles and NHL experience. IE, Allen and McIlrath having more upside than Hunwick or Kostka, but the later are more likely to fill a 7th D spot than the former. Lombardi being out of the NHL last season is probably why he's slotted below Glass.

Phil in Absentia
08-11-2014, 11:03 AM
I thought MZA played RW and Pouliot was on the left on that line. MZA played left wing prior to last season though. I suspect we'll see a loaded up top two lines containing Stepan, Brassard, Nash, MSL, MZA and Kreider. The 3rd and 4th lines will shake out from the rest of the team, but I doubt that will feature Glass anywhere higher than 4th line LW/13th forward depending on opponent. The depth chart seems off in a lot of places, although it may be weighted some towards likely roles and NHL experience. IE, Allen and McIlrath having more upside than Hunwick or Kostka, but the later are more likely to fill a 7th D spot than the former. Lombardi being out of the NHL last season is probably why he's slotted below Glass.

Ah, you could be right. I know Zucc was a LW, though. I guess he moved to RW with Pouliot on the left.

I'd say my point still stands with Stempniak in. If you presume he's for the third line, he's listed as a RW, so Zucc goes back to LW.

In terms of charts, that's usually the way they function. I wouldn't put too much stock into whether or not they have the player in the right position (especially with bi or tri-positional forwards), or whether a highly rated prospect is "below" a journeyman.

DiJock94
08-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Ah, you could be right. I know Zucc was a LW, though. I guess he moved to RW with Pouliot on the left.

I'd say my point still stands with Stempniak in. If you presume he's for the third line, he's listed as a RW, so Zucc goes back to LW.

In terms of charts, that's usually the way they function. I wouldn't put too much stock into whether or not they have the player in the right position (especially with bi or tri-positional forwards), or whether a highly rated prospect is "below" a journeyman.

Correct Zuccs played LW and moved to RW this season. Rick Nash also has played a good deal of LW in his career so good chance that one of them slots back on the left.

Phil in Absentia
08-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Correct Zuccs played LW and moved to RW this season. Rick Nash also has played a good deal of LW in his career so good chance that one of them slots back on the left.

Right. I mean, somehow it'll balance. It's why I was saying that in general, I'm really not all that concerned with our wing depth. It's center we're hurting for.

Thayer
08-17-2014, 01:56 AM
i think they'll finish 2nd.