PDA

View Full Version : Rumor/Report: PHI Offer Sheet of Shea Weber Prompted By Potential Trade to NYR?

CreaseCrusader91
08-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Elliotte Friedman:

But it definitely changed the dynamic. On July 1, 2012, upon becoming a restricted free agent for the final time, Weber and his agents did something unique, embarking on a top-secret tour to visit Detroit, the New York Rangers, Philadelphia, San Jose and Vancouver in search of an offer sheet. He got it in Philadelphia, a massive deal that rocked the hockey world. (There's a belief the Flyers did it because they were worried the Rangers were going to get him in a trade, but God only knows.)

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2014/07/habs-take-risk-by-low-balling-subban.html

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
08-01-2014, 04:33 PM
so pure speculation?

JOHN
08-01-2014, 05:56 PM
If. Only.

MacTruck
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
A taste of my roster on NHL 14 in GM mode season 3:

Stamkos - MacKinnon - Kane
Nyquist - McDavid - Pavelski

McDonagh - Weber
Ekman-Larsson - Ekblad

That pairing is quite fun...

Phil in Absentia
08-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Weber toured New York City, boys. You don't remember this? He said the city wasn't for him.

Rangers’ general manager Glen Sather was engaged in an extended dialog with both Shea Weber and Nashville GM David Poile aimed at bringing the franchise defenseman to Broadway before the Group II free agent signed a dramatically front-loaded offer sheet with the Flyers late Wednesday night. The deal is worth $110 million over 14 years, The Post has learned.

Sources said the Blueshirts were prepared to either extend an offer sheet to Weber or effect a trade with the Predators for the 26-year-old’s rights in advance of signing him to a lifetime contract. Their efforts failed because of Weber’s aversion to living in Manhattan, where nearly all of the Rangers live, and because of his belief that living in Westchester County would have isolated him from teammates.

http://nypost.com/2012/07/20/rangers-miss-on-weber-who-signs-offer-sheet-with-flyers/

Vodka Drunkenski
08-01-2014, 07:55 PM
We settled for Nash which I think is better for us as a team.

ThirtyONE
08-01-2014, 09:33 PM
A taste of my roster on NHL 14 in GM mode season 3:

Stamkos - MacKinnon - Kane
Nyquist - McDavid - Pavelski

McDonagh - Weber
Ekman-Larsson - Ekblad

That pairing is quite fun...

Lol. I miss playing that game.