PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Assistant Coach Dan Lacroix Leaving Rangers; Joining Habs as Assistant Coach

Phil in Absentia
07-30-2014, 10:58 AM
:tweet: @renlavoietva: Dan Lacroix is leaving the Rangers. New assistant coach for Michel Therrien and the Canadiens.

Phil in Absentia
07-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Wow, associate to assistant will not look good on his resume

Arniel is the only Associate Coach with the Rangers. Both Samuelsson and Lacroix are/were Assistants, so it's a lateral move for him.

I don't believe there's much of a difference between the two, though.

Slobberknocker
07-30-2014, 11:50 AM
do we still have samuelson?

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
07-30-2014, 11:52 AM
I think he interviewed for Carolina and/or Pittsburgh but wound up not getting either and staying

Phil in Absentia
07-30-2014, 12:24 PM
do we still have samuelson?

Yes. As well as Arniel.

Slobberknocker
07-30-2014, 01:25 PM
i thought Ulfie did a good job for us last year.

AmericanJesus
07-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Fine, Danny boy. Don't let the door hit you. Oh, and better watch where you stand on the bench when we play you. Might have to have Kreider take him out.

Traitor.

Captain Clutch
07-30-2014, 01:45 PM
I wonder if the Rangers will even replace his position

AmericanJesus
07-30-2014, 01:58 PM
I wonder if the Rangers will even replace his position

He was kind of the "eye in the sky" so I would imagine they do.

phillyb™
07-30-2014, 02:42 PM
after last postseason i can't fathom how anyone from this organization can even consider something like this.
fuck the habs.

DiJock94
07-30-2014, 02:57 PM
His name is lacroix. He is probably from Montreal and this job most likely gave him the chance to move home.

Respecttheblue
08-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Fine, Danny boy. Don't let the door hit you. Oh, and better watch where you stand on the bench when we play you. Might have to have Kreider take him out.

Traitor.

Felt the same way at first then found out he was an eye in the sky

Ah, can't blame the guy for wanting to be back behind a bench, closer to the action, bigger role; versus up in the press box,

He will be located behind the bench during games after working from the press box for the Rangers.

"To have a chance to join a team like this and a staff like this is great," Lacroix told the Canadiens website. "It’s just a step up. It’s an opportunity to work for a great organization and an opportunity to work with great people. It's an opportunity to get back behind the bench, get closer to the action and have a bigger role on a day-to-day basis."