PDA

View Full Version : Which Prospect Will Finish the Season as a Regular

AmericanJesus
07-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Select who you think is most likely to become a regular on the squad by the end of the season. Feel free to share why you think they will.

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
07-29-2014, 02:26 PM
I voted JT Miller, because I think he'll get the best opportunity.

If I could choose 2 and only be held responsible for getting one right, I'd say McIlrath. I think this season is going to be a crossroads for him. I don't think he could've been expected to make it while he still had junior eligibility and his first pro season was cut short. Now, he has that year plus another full pro season with a cup of coffee in the NHL. I think if he can't crack the lineup if he gets a shot, or if he doesn't at least strongly impress when he gets a chance to fill in for an injury, it's going to be on his way out.

I've actually seen him play a couple of games when the Whale/Wolfpack came to Albany and was never really impressed but hopefully he has a good offseason and is ready to impress for camp. Maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic but I think he will prove this year that he was worth a gamble at 10th overall. At this point, he kind of has to.

Future
07-29-2014, 02:29 PM
JT Miller is the easy one.

But there are a bunch of guys on the bubble. McIlrath, Allen, Fast, and Lindberg all have a legit shot I would say.

AmericanJesus
07-29-2014, 02:42 PM
I think Miller has a real shot at spending the season in the AHL if Lombardi remains healthy. He's got so much motivation to rekindle his NHL career. I think we'll find that none of our prospects really fit the open 4th line spot. Fast, Miller and Lindberg will all underwhelm there in limited roles and the decision will be made to get them top line time in the AHL instead.

I'm going with Conor Allen. I think he's going to force his way onto the team in camp and unseat one of Moore or Klein.

The Dude
07-29-2014, 07:50 PM
I think Mclrath jumps in, and we see Moore benched/ traded. Its time for this kid to step up to the plate and do what I feel he is capable of. Which is be a crease clearing, hard hitting, mean bastard on the back line. I think he slso has pretty good instincts for a big guy. Just needs to put it all together and take a job that could be his if he pushes hard enough.

NYR2711
07-29-2014, 07:59 PM
I say Connor Allen, he has the best chance on defense in knocking either Moore or Klein out of a job here. Miller can make it, depending on how he spends his summer, but I think Allen will make it.

Gorilla Salad
07-29-2014, 08:11 PM
This is obviously the year some of these kids either step it up, or end up as a career AHL'er. For some of these guys, the time is NOW to seize the opportunity.

ThirtyONE
07-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Allen or McIlrath. Because the rangers seem to be pushing macilrath I'll pick him.

Drew a Penalty
07-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Went with Fast, but I think Allen will also be a regular by the end of the season.

Mike
07-30-2014, 12:05 AM
Fast, and Allen.

TwoMinutesForNothing
07-30-2014, 12:25 AM
Lindberg makes the team and plays all year. Miller doesn't and gets traded.

Phil in Absentia
07-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Based on where these guys project as NHL players this season, I think the guy with the biggest shot is Fast based on his speed and his ability to play on the lower lines and kill penalties. That's lower hanging fruit than trying to win a third-line center spot, top-6 scoring spot or a spot on defense.

DiJock94
07-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Lindberg makes the team and plays all year. Miller doesn't and gets traded.

You watch a lot of Pack games right? You seem really high on Lindberg

!br-avery!
07-30-2014, 02:57 PM
McIlrath -Now is his time and chance and I think he finally makes it,maybe not right from the start but at least by mid-year

DiJock94
07-30-2014, 02:59 PM
There is no room for anyone to make the team on defense barring a long term injury.

TwoMinutesForNothing
07-30-2014, 03:39 PM
You watch a lot of Pack games right? You seem really high on Lindberg

I think he's the most complete player out of those listed. The others have holes in their games. Since we likely only need a bottom 6 role (most likely 4th line) filled, I think he is the best fit. I think Lombardi ends up as 3rd line center and Lindberg fills the Brian Boyle spot.

AmericanJesus
07-30-2014, 03:45 PM
There is no room for anyone to make the team on defense barring a long term injury.

I don't think you could say with certainty that either John Moore or Kevin Klein have their spots locked up. They're certainly the favorites for those spots, but I don't think it's impossible for one or even both to lose them to younger, more cost controlled players. Well, in Moore's case, it would be surpassed by a similarly priced player.

Pete
07-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Moore, IMO doesn't have a spot locked up at all, and Allen could easily step in and be a superior players. Moore has size, speed, and a shot, but isn't a "hockey player" — yet.

momentum
07-31-2014, 06:36 AM
I like Miller, he'd have a spot on a team I ran. I HOPE McIrath could be a regular, could really use a big tough dman who clears the crease on our team. But just don't feel confident that he's good enough for the NHL from what I've heard.