PDA

View Full Version : Future Leader Series: Alternate Captain 2014-15

CreaseCrusader91
07-27-2014, 12:21 AM
So, July is almost coming to an end, and there isn't going to be much more news after Brassard and Moore sign. So, the biggest remaining question surrounding the New York Rangers is the future of our leadership. Currently, we have the following leaders on our staff.

C: Vacant
A: Marc Staal
A: Vacant
Alternate/Injury A: Dan Girardi

It isn't for sure that Girardi will get a bump up, but that lovely contract surely means he could very well get that "A".

I thought it would be fun to have this thread to see what the temperature currently is around these parts, and to show off some of the recent minimal Photoshop stylings from the artist currently known as CreaseCrusader91.

So, how will wear an Alternate A this year?

Mats Zuccarello
http://i.imgur.com/yzCmQ8G.jpg

Ryan McDonagh
http://i.imgur.com/TU1NJc5.jpg

Rick Nash
http://i.imgur.com/gECzSty.jpg

Martin St. Louis
http://i.imgur.com/KYCABzX.png

Derek Stepan
http://i.imgur.com/ELaFaaR.jpg

------

My picks are Marc Staal retaining his A, and Ryan McDonagh taking Richards' A.

momentum
07-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Should be MSL with an A and Mcd with the C imo.

Drew a Penalty
07-27-2014, 09:08 AM
I think they stay the same this season. Can't see why Vigneault would take the A away from Girardi at this point unless he, Girardi, doesn't want it.

Pete
07-27-2014, 09:19 AM
I think they stay the same this season. Can't see why Vigneault would take the A away from Girardi at this point unless he, Girardi, doesn't want it.

Bingo.

RichieNextel305
07-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Girardi and Staal with A's with McD wearing the C.

AmericanJesus
07-27-2014, 10:51 AM
If only defenders have letters does that create any issues? I'm not saying it does, I'm just asking.

Drew a Penalty
07-27-2014, 10:54 AM
If only defenders have letters does that create any issues? I'm not saying it does, I'm just asking.

I don't know. That's a good question. How do you figure? Like in terms of the "leadership" group only being defenders or in terms of having the task of speaking to officials?

Mike
07-27-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't know. That's a good question. How do you figure? Like in terms of the "leadership" group only being defenders or in terms of having the task of speaking to officials?

Locker rooms know who the leaders are within. Not everyone needs a letter sewn on their jersey to be a leader when necessary. Having the task of talking to the officials doesn't always mean that that person is a great leader. I wouldn't care if Jim Ramsey talked to the officials. It's going to change much, if anything at all. Just my .02.

Kevin
07-27-2014, 02:19 PM
It probably would be a perceived slight to take an "A" away from one of the guys but I agree that wearing it probably doesn't make all that much of a difference to the real leaders of the team. With that being said it would be a little strange seeing all d-men wearing letters.

EdMc28
07-27-2014, 03:23 PM
I get the sense that its going to be MSL with the C, Danny G and Marc with the A's.

Mike
07-27-2014, 03:32 PM
I get the sense that its going to be MSL with the C, Danny G and Marc with the A's.

I'd be ok with MSL getting the C, but his future is unknown here after this season so I can see why it might not happen.

RangersFan
07-27-2014, 04:20 PM
How about 3 assistants? No need to add pressure to McD

MacTruck
07-27-2014, 10:36 PM
3 D
G with an A
Marc with an A
Mac with the C

Pete
07-27-2014, 11:32 PM
I'd be stunned if Mac got a C.

Puck Head
07-28-2014, 12:06 PM
I'd be stunned if Mac got a C.

I'd be stunned if he didn't :)

Pete
07-28-2014, 12:18 PM
I'd be stunned if he didn't :)You said that about Dubkinsky, too. ;)

I meant this season, though. I'm thinking they will go with 3 As.

Puck Head
07-28-2014, 01:00 PM
You said that about Dubkinsky, too. ;)

I meant this season, though. I'm thinking they will go with 3 As.

Oh no, never did I think Dubinsky would be the captain.
I thought he was in the running, but never imagined him getting the C over other players, (including Callahan).
I made points as to why he should be a option, big difference.

Morphinity
07-28-2014, 01:12 PM
I thought AV said he had an idea of who would be captain? It sounds to me like we're not going with 3 A's.

Patrick Bateman
07-28-2014, 01:15 PM
It's a shame Zucc won't get a letter

CreaseCrusader91
07-28-2014, 01:24 PM
It's a shame Zucc won't get a letter

Yup. I'd love for it to happen but I doubt it does.

Kevin
07-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Yup. I'd love for it to happen but I doubt it does.

Something about his personality doesn't make me think of captain or alternate captain material. I know he works hard and everyone on the team seems to love him but it almost seems more in the court jester kind of way versus "we'll run through walls" for him kind of way. I know every captain/alternate is a little different and there is no mold for leadership but I just don't feel it with him in that capacity.

Stepan it
07-29-2014, 04:58 PM
GIVE Z THE C!
GIVE Z THE C!
GIVE Z THE C!