PDA

View Full Version : What About Car Bomb?

skunkman
07-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Is he on the team? Is he unsigned?

TwoMinutesForNothing
07-22-2014, 10:44 PM
Still un-signed. There's a chance they still add him as the 13th forward for pocket change after they get the RFA's squared away. I doubt other teams are very interested in him.

Pete
07-22-2014, 10:46 PM
He's out, from what I hear.

skunkman
07-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Thanks!

CreaseCrusader91
07-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Why Glass over him?

skunkman
07-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Why Glass over him? Is glass bigger? better fighter?

TwoMinutesForNothing
07-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Why Glass over him?

PK probably, though it doesn't seem as important now with Lombardi and Stemp on our PK.

Phil in Absentia
07-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Still un-signed. There's a chance they still add him as the 13th forward for pocket change after they get the RFA's squared away. I doubt other teams are very interested in him.

I doubt it. I think they essentially made the decision to walk away after the linesman incident. I love Carcillo, but he really is kind of a mad man, and great as he was for them, the problem with that type of a player is that he can snap at any moment, and you never know when it's coming, and worse yet, when he snaps, it's usually big.

Remember the Flyers series when he got that horseshit tripping or slashing call against him and never touched the guy? He blew a fuckin' gasket over it. Now, granted, he had an argument, but the way he went about voicing it was exactly why teams would walk away.

Stepan it
07-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Love carcillo, I think he was great for this team. I hope to see him back. Aside fromhis mishap I think he was a valuable player and significant to our playoff run

Future
07-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Is glass bigger? better fighter?
Both of those things.

If I had to guess, Carcillo's stupid mistakes cost him a lot of money this year.

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
07-23-2014, 09:23 AM
I doubt it. I think they essentially made the decision to walk away after the linesman incident. I love Carcillo, but he really is kind of a mad man, and great as he was for them, the problem with that type of a player is that he can snap at any moment, and you never know when it's coming, and worse yet, when he snaps, it's usually big.

Remember the Flyers series when he got that horseshit tripping or slashing call against him and never touched the guy? He blew a fuckin' gasket over it. Now, granted, he had an argument, but the way he went about voicing it was exactly why teams would walk away.

This. Torts would've loved that. AV doesn't seem like he stands for that. I don't think many coaches in the NHL now would really want to give him the chance.

Completely worth the 7th rounder we traded for him. The goal he scored in Philly was awesome and will go in my Rangers awesome memory bank, but I don't really want him back

Phil in Absentia
07-23-2014, 09:26 AM
This. Torts would've loved that. AV doesn't seem like he stands for that. I don't think many coaches in the NHL now would really want to give him the chance.

Completely worth the 7th rounder we traded for him. The goal he scored in Philly was awesome and will go in my Rangers awesome memory bank, but I don't really want him back

Oh, I don't agree there at all. I don't think Torts would have liked that at all. Correlation does not imply causation. I get that Torts has had his spats with losing his temper, but he preaches discipline on the ice, and players who didn't have it didn't last long playing for him (Avery).

I'd love him back, selfishly, but I understand why the team might walk away. It's not as though they haven't filled the role he had here with Glass, anyway.

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
07-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Tough to expect your players to stay disciplined when you go fighting other coaches lol.

ok so maybe LOVED wasn't the right way to put it but I think that's something that he'd tolerate more than AV would, and it wouldn't disqualify Carbomb from returning to the team.

league minimum as a a spare, maybe I take him. Worst case scenario you waive him. But given the contract limit we're so close to (as Pete noted) I don't think he's worth it at this point

Pete
07-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Realistically, no coach likes killing penalties and having to dress a rookie in the playoffs because a vet gets a dumb suspension. That's when he punched his ticket out.

Not really sure why Torts is even (still) being brought up.

phillyb™
07-23-2014, 11:24 AM
i was thinking about making this thread last night.
i'd still like to see carcillo on next year's fourth line from time to time.

ThirtyONE
07-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Carcillo brought a nice spark to this team and scored some huge goals along the way. That said, maybe a full season of carcillo would be more of a distraction than anything else. I hope his NHL career continues but maybe not with us.

Pete
07-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Carcillo brought a nice spark to this team and scored some huge goals along the way. That said, maybe a full season of carcillo would be more of a distraction than anything else. I hope his NHL career continues but maybe not with us.

Well said. :+1:

Ytown Ranger
07-23-2014, 01:06 PM
...I'll miss carbomb if he's not signed by the Rangers as I've missed dozens of my old favorite Ranger players over the years once they are let go or traded, but that's why I continue to cheer for the name on the front & try not to get that attached to the name on the back.

LGR!!!!

JOHN
07-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I think we got the maximum from wha we could get of him. As much as I dislike him he was a difference maker this year, and he had a hand in our ultimate success.

NYR2711
07-23-2014, 02:04 PM
He brought a spark to the team that honestly, we haven't had since Avery, but like Avery, he punched his own ticket out of here. I would have loved to have had him back, but the on ice issues he would have brought with the refs is a huge turn off. It sucks, but you have to think about whats best for the team. I don't want to have him called for a garbage penalty because of who he is in a tight game, and its not fair to shorten our bench for that reason either. He will be missed, but its on him for acting out.

!br-avery!
07-23-2014, 03:51 PM
He was pretty damn good for us and surprised a lot of people,I'd love him back ,I liked knowing he was in our lineup if shit went down,but he could also play and be effective
Fuck that linesman

cousin
07-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Carcillo brought a nice spark to this team and scored some huge goals along the way. That said, maybe a full season of carcillo would be more of a distraction than anything else. I hope his NHL career continues but maybe not with us. So true. I hope he stays a ranger.

Respecttheblue
07-23-2014, 04:21 PM
, but I understand why the team might walk away.
As do I

It's not as though they haven't filled the role he had here with Glass, anyway.

Does glass score clutch playoff goals I wonder?

He may be a trouble stirring "character" — one of those instances where "character" in the sticking up for teammates sense, can be a double-edged sword I guess. Maybe NYR think they got "lightning in a bottle;" his best contribution all in one shot? Notice he was a healthy scratch in the final game..the trust was not there anymore?
As someone who was dubious about his initial signing, I grew to really appreciate the bloke. Alas, we have read this script before, whether for the 4th line scrapper or others, in different variations, Avery, Shelley, Rupp.

Phil in Absentia
07-23-2014, 04:33 PM
He may be a trouble stirring "character" — one of those instances where "character" in the sticking up for teammates sense, can be a double-edged sword I guess. Maybe NYR think they got "lightning in a bottle;" his best contribution all in one shot? Notice he was a healthy scratch in the final game..the trust was not there anymore?

Eh, I wouldn't question his character any. Just his temper, and how that could put a team at a pretty bad disadvantage coming off an incident where he was suspended for roughing up a linesman. It's a risk any time he's in your lineup that he'll cost your team with a bad penalty or play. It happens with that kind of player. Glass is the same way. Hell, he may even be worse from a hockey perspective, if the advanced stats have anything to say about it. But what's done is done. He's a Ranger and Carcillo is not.

As someone who was dubious about his initial signing, I grew to really appreciate the bloke. Alas, we have read this script before, whether for the 4th line scrapper or others, in different variations, Avery, Shelley, Rupp.

Trade, but I get your point. Thing is, with fourth-line scrappers like this, the vast majority come with buyer-beware warnings. They're fourth-liners for a reason. Few are good hockey players (were they, they'd be playing more, no?), and the better fighters among them, even the most noble of which, are still prone to meltdowns. I mean, for years Shawn Thornton was considered the premiere enforcer — a guy who could play, but who commanded respect among the pugilists and pugilist-friendly crowd due to his buying into "the code" — yet even he ended up on the shelf with a huge suspension after "thugging it up" on Orpik. Kinda funny how the moment it happened, all the talk went to him being a "goon", when he'd spent his entire career avoiding that moniker, for the most part.

The Dude
07-23-2014, 07:40 PM
I wasnt high on bringing him in, but boy was I wrong about his game and effectiveness. The guy was moved up and down the roster and seemed to contribute in many ways. Wanted to see him play over Dorsett.

Hope they can finda a way to re-up with him. Can always use a guy like him in NY.

RangersFan
07-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Carcillo was good here in the few games he played in. Hopefully we find a way to sign him

phillyb™
09-04-2014, 10:18 AM
carbomb going to the pens...

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729559

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed forward Daniel Carcillo to a professional tryout contract, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

NYR2711
09-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Thats the only place he can play where the refs may give him a break.

Phil in Absentia
09-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Assuming he makes them. Glad he's getting a shot at least.

Morphinity
09-04-2014, 10:41 AM
He's going the Arron Asham route.

cousin
09-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Good for him. All the best.

Slobberknocker
09-04-2014, 04:14 PM
what he did to the philly fan during the playoffs was priceless though.

i'll never forget that.

RichieNextel305
09-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Always hated Carcillo, and always said I'd hate him even if he were a Ranger. And my mind changed. I liked him during his time here. I don't think he's the dirtbag he used to be, and instead, I think he has put all his energy toward being a better player. He definitely surprised me last year, as he was a lot better for us than I thought he would be. Good grab by Pittsburgh. Sure he makes the team.

Lt. Dan
09-04-2014, 06:33 PM
I realize some of the risks of having kept him around, but I feel he filled his role relatively well. Would have kept him instead of Glass, but I will reserve the right to bitch until I see him play for this team.

Stepan it
09-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Makes me sad, I was hoping to see him as a Ranger this year

Lt. Dan
09-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Laughed at these two for days

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36709010/GIFS/Carillol.gif

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36709010/GIFS/CarciLLOLL.gif

Phil in Absentia
09-04-2014, 08:19 PM
I'll never forget the Trollbomb.

The Dude
09-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Uggh why did he have to stay in the conference. I hope he doesn't mske their team and catchs on somewhere far away from the east. Really don't want to see him amp it up against the Rangers.

phillyb™
09-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Uggh why did he have to stay in the conference. I hope he doesn't mske their team and catchs on somewhere far away from the east. Really don't want to see him amp it up against the Rangers.

unlike the philly fans, we won't flip him off. we had some good memories in his short stay here.

i'll reserve judgment on glass or any comparison until he suits up as a ranger.

Slobberknocker
09-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Always hated Carcillo, and always said I'd hate him even if he were a Ranger. And my mind changed. I liked him during his time here. I don't think he's the dirtbag he used to be, and instead, I think he has put all his energy toward being a better player. He definitely surprised me last year, as he was a lot better for us than I thought he would be. Good grab by Pittsburgh. Sure he makes the team.

its like what yankee fans used to say when they had clemons. yeah hes an asshole, but he's our asshole.

Ytown Ranger
09-05-2014, 01:10 PM
...my son in law is a season ticket holder for the Pens called me & asked if I wanted a Pens sweater (jersey) with carbomb on the back.....I hung up on his dumb ass, but then called him back & declined with expectation that quits drinking the kool-aid made with that swill water from the Allegheny River. Hopefully my daughter (who still bleeds NY Ranger blue) will bring him back from the dark side!!!

Fuck Sid the kid & the rest of his girlfriends!
Fuck the Pens
I'll miss carbomb
Go Rangers!

cousin
09-05-2014, 06:37 PM
its like what yankee fans used to say when they had clemons. yeah hes an asshole, but he's our asshole.and straw and cone and gooden and boggs............lol!!!

The Dude
09-06-2014, 03:26 PM
unlike the philly fans, we won't flip him off. we had some good memories in his short stay here.

i'll reserve judgment on glass or any comparison until he suits up as a ranger.

Yeah.... I don't know about that. Hes on a team with Crosby and Malkin. We are going to hate him again. His antics along with thise two? We are going to hate him.