PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Rangers Sign [F] Chris Bourque to 1-Year/$600K Contract; $600K AAV

TwoMinutesForNothing
07-02-2014, 02:19 AM
http://rangersunlimited.com/2014/07/02/rangers-sign-chris-bourque/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Rangers have signed Chris Bourque to a one-year, two-way deal according to CapGeek. The deal will pay him $600,000 at the NHL level and $350,000 at the AHL level.

I'm sure most of you won't care about this signing, but it's actually huge for the Pack. This guy is an AHL superstar. Was in the KHL last season, but won the AHL scoring title in his last full season in 2012 and won the playoff MVP in 2010. Plus he gets to play with his brother now.

Phil in Absentia
07-02-2014, 02:56 AM
Was with the Caps organization last in the NHL, right?

P/G or well over it in the A, it looks like to me. That's fantastic.

Steven.
07-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Loving all these Pack signings. Honestly, every single one has been excellent. Nice to see Sather address their needs for once.

TwoMinutesForNothing
07-02-2014, 03:04 AM
Yeah I'm really glad Slats has seemed to recognize how important it is for the Pack be in the playoffs and going deep into them. It gives the kids longer seasons, experience with big game pressure and it gives opportunities to bring in our CHL prospects and other signings and give them a look. We haven't made the playoffs the last 2 seasons and it has hurt development. Based on today alone, the Pack should be very competitive this season and could make a deep run.

Drew a Penalty
07-02-2014, 03:16 AM
Really good move. The Pack didn't really have any veteran forwards. Two of them now. Should help big time.

Pete
07-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Yeah I'm really glad Slats has seemed to recognize how important it is for the Pack be in the playoffs and going deep into them. It gives the kids longer seasons, experience with big game pressure and it gives opportunities to bring in our CHL prospects and other signings and give them a look. We haven't made the playoffs the last 2 seasons and it has hurt development. Based on today alone, the Pack should be very competitive this season and could make a deep run.

Loving all these Pack signings. Honestly, every single one has been excellent. Nice to see Sather address their needs for once.

Then maybe he should address the coaching!

Patrick Bateman
07-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Can't wait to hear Jared call out this guys name

Morphinity
07-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Did we re-sign Ryan Bourque? I thought we were going to tell him to get lost.

Also, we should bring back Ray Bourque because I don't think this team is old enough.

Cash or Czech?
07-02-2014, 12:04 PM
:tweet: @Mirtle: Rangers sign Chris Bourque.

Whoops, didn't realize this was reported at 1AM. My bad.

Steven.
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Then maybe he should address the coaching!

Ugh, you're so right. Gernander needs to go away.

NYR2711
07-02-2014, 12:44 PM

Also, we should bring back Ray Bourque because I don't think this team is old enough.

They made him a QO.

Captain Clutch
07-02-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm sure Ryan will want to stay even more if Chris is here

Drew a Penalty
07-02-2014, 03:05 PM

He got a QO. They needed some Hartford vets to return. Plus he really turned it on in the end. Not a bad depth player, but certainly not an NHLer.

Respecttheblue
07-02-2014, 11:42 PM

I hear he's only gonna suit up if Strudwick re-signs.