PDA

View Full Version : [Brooks] Rangers Have Interest In [D] Mark Fayne, [F] Ryan Carter; May Not Pay Dom Moore

RichieNextel305
06-28-2014, 08:58 PM
The Rangers, seeking a righty to replace Anton Stralman on the second pair if the pending free agent flees as expected, have checked in with and have legitimate interest in New Jersey’s 27-year-old Mark Fayne, according to an individual familiar with the situation.

The Blueshirts also are believed to have interest in Devils’ prospective free agent fourth-line wing Ryan Carter, who could, to a certain degree, fill the spot expected to be vacated by Brian Boyle.

We keep hearing the Rangers aren’t going to pay to keep Dominic Moore, which only means they will pay down the road if management squeezes the fourth-line center and prime penalty killer out of New York.

It is one thing when the cap forces a GM to say no. There seems to be no good reason, however, for the Rangers to lose Moore, who is believed to be seeking a three-year deal for between $1.6 million and $1.85 million per season.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/incredulous-isles-gm-needs-some-wins-to-back-up-his-attitude/

Captain Clutch
06-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I read that earlier. I don't think he'd be a good replacement for anyone on this team, except in the case of a trade or 7th d man

Phil in Absentia
06-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Fayne skates well and moves the puck, and has size. I know he's a Devils player, but he's a good hockey player. So is Carter, frankly. He's a guy I'd have interest in for sure.

TwoMinutesForNothing
06-28-2014, 09:08 PM
He's a solid player who would be a good fit on the 3rd pairing, but he's no Stralman.

Phil in Absentia
06-28-2014, 09:11 PM
He's a solid player who would be a good fit on the 3rd pairing, but he's no Stralman.

No, but Klein would likely move up in this scenario where Fayne steps in on the third pairing with John Moore.

Fayne play right side or left? Right, I'd presume, if they are pinning him as a replacement.

Jules
06-28-2014, 09:18 PM
I am honestly saddened that the Rangers aren't going to offer Dominic Moore that, or any, deal for the next couple seasons. He doesn't ask for absurd money and deserves credit for what he did. Only the Rangers would let the Masterton winner walk over a couple grand after a really great season.

Cash or Czech?
06-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Carter is a very tough player to play against. If Boyle is a goner, Carter is a decent option.

Phil in Absentia
06-28-2014, 09:21 PM
I am honestly saddened that the Rangers aren't going to offer Dominic Moore that, or any, deal for the next couple seasons. He doesn't ask for absurd money and deserves credit for what he did. Only the Rangers would let the Masterton winner walk over a couple grand after a really great season.

I'd like to retain him as well, especially for the PK, but that's something that you really can teach players, and if they're penny-pinching there in knowing they'll need those dollars to get Brassard, Kreider and others under contract (players I'd argue are far more important), than it's a necessary evil.

Carter is a very tough player to play against. If Boyle is a goner, Carter is a decent option.

Agreed. Very good fourth-line player. Fights well too, if my memory serves.

Cash or Czech?
06-28-2014, 09:22 PM
He only had 35 PIMs last season. Not much of an enforcer.

Phil in Absentia
06-28-2014, 09:23 PM
He only had 35 PIMs last season. Not much of an enforcer.

He's not an enforcer. Similar to the same way Dorsett isn't really one either. They just fight when they need to, and with the way AV coaches, there's just no need for a full time enforcer.

Steven.
06-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Fayne would be an excellent replacement for Stralman, depending on the price.

Carter I'd be OK with picking up.

lefty9
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
i think cater would be a nice pickup

Respecttheblue
06-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Don't remember much about Fayne, except hearing his name plenty enough during those conference finals, which is probably a good thing.
Carter was impressive at times.

Captain Clutch
06-29-2014, 12:30 AM
I really hope they keep Dominic. Guy won the Masterton here, came back after his wife passed away. He deserves to be here

TwoMinutesForNothing
06-29-2014, 12:33 AM
I watched the Sather interview. He didn't really say anything, he was just dodging questions and speaking in generalities, so I wouldn't really read too much into it. I still think Moore will be back.

Captain Clutch
06-29-2014, 12:35 AM
I watched the Sather interview. He didn't really say anything, he was just dodging questions and speaking in generalities, so I wouldn't really read too much into it. I still think Moore will be back.

More just bias on my side because i'm a fan of his, he's the only player i'd be really annoyed about losing.

CreaseCrusader91
06-29-2014, 12:49 AM
I'd pay Moore the extra $800K before giving it to Carcillo to be quite honest.

Captain Clutch
06-29-2014, 12:50 AM
I'd pay Moore the extra $800K before giving it to Carcillo to be quite honest.

Agreed. Moore is a real heart and soul guy,definitely a leader. Carcillo and Dorsett can be replaced. Moore genuinely seems to want to be here

CreaseCrusader91
06-29-2014, 12:52 AM
Agreed. Moore is a real heart and soul guy,definitely a leader. Carcillo and Dorsett can be replaced. Moore genuinely seems to want to be here

He sets a good example as well. Even more importantly, he wins faceoffs. They are letting Boyle go, so who the hell do they think is going to win them faceoffs? He won 54.6 as compared to Boyle's 52.9 ratio.

Captain Clutch
06-29-2014, 12:53 AM
He sets a good example as well. Even more importantly, he wins faceoffs. They are letting Boyle go, so who the hell do they think is going to win them faceoffs?

Used him in every needed clutch movement to win face-offs. Plus, can they afford to lose every member of their 4th line from last year?

CreaseCrusader91
06-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Used him in every needed clutch movement to win face-offs. Plus, can they afford to lose every member of their 4th line from last year?

I understand the cap is tight, but this would be the type of move that pisses me off, because it is needless. Pay him and make it work, because he has value to this team. You lost a leader in Richards, don't lose Moore too.

TwoMinutesForNothing
06-29-2014, 12:57 AM
He sets a good example as well. Even more importantly, he wins faceoffs. They are letting Boyle go, so who the hell do they think is going to win them faceoffs? He won 54.6 as compared to Boyle's 52.9 ratio.

Not advocating losing Moore because I want him back, but Lindberg is great on draws.

Captain Clutch
06-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Not advocating losing Moore because I want him back, but Lindberg is great on draws.

But do you want Lindberg to be getting 4th line minutes? It'd create the same issue that the team was having with Miller. Which it seems now Miller may be guaranteed a spot.

TwoMinutesForNothing
06-29-2014, 01:30 AM
But do you want Lindberg to be getting 4th line minutes? It'd create the same issue that the team was having with Miller. Which it seems now Miller may be guaranteed a spot.

Lindberg is a bottom 6 guy, likely a 4th liner. That is what he has always projected as, so that is fine. Fast and Miller project as more, likely 2nd/3rd line fringe guys, but Fast could play on the 4th for a season because he is so good defensively.

I'm not a fan of Miller playing on the 4th line because he is not very good defensively and needs a bigger role to develop. The organization does have a couple other guys like Marek Hrivik and Ryan Bourque that have always projected to be ideal NHL 4th liners, so they may have a shot as well. Hrivik got a long look in preseason last year and Bourque is coming of a very strong second half in Hartford. This may be why Sather seems less concerned with paying 4th liners to stay around.

Drew a Penalty
06-29-2014, 03:32 AM
Lindberg is a bottom 6 guy, likely a 4th liner. That is what he has always projected as, so that is fine. Fast and Miller project as more, likely 2nd/3rd line fringe guys, but Fast could play on the 4th for a season because he is so good defensively.

I'm not a fan of Miller playing on the 4th line because he is not very good defensively and needs a bigger role to develop. The organization does have a couple other guys like Marek Hrivik and Ryan Bourque that have always projected to be ideal NHL 4th liners, so they may have a shot as well. Hrivik got a long look in preseason last year and Bourque is coming of a very strong second half in Hartford. This may be why Sather seems less concerned with paying 4th liners to stay around.

I'm worried about Bourque. He has the type of energy that you'd want, but he's small and his concussion history is a big issue. Never been big on Hrivik. I think it would be better just to have Fast and Lindberg there instead one of those guys. At least they have some chemistry.

H-Dreamer
06-29-2014, 04:15 AM
I'd like to retain him as well, especially for the PK, but that's something that you really can teach players, and if they're penny-pinching there in knowing they'll need those dollars to get Brassard, Kreider and others under contract (players I'd argue are far more important), than it's a necessary evil.

Not so sure about that. We all were so amazed by this years 4th line and now we are okay with losing them all?
I rather keep Moore than Carcillo too.

Vodka Drunkenski
06-29-2014, 07:33 AM
In a salary cap world, you have to make decisions. The 4th line isn't make or break and most easily replaceable on any team.

Pete
06-29-2014, 07:48 AM
In a salary cap world, you have to make decisions. The 4th line isn't make or break and most easily replaceable on any team.

While this is logical, we've seen what can happen when you have guys like Bickel on the 4th line.

That said, the Stralman situation concerns me. Neither Klein nor Fayne can adequately fill that role.

AmericanJesus
06-29-2014, 09:24 AM
The fourth line clicked so well because of two out of three pieces. Boyle and Moore. They were also key penalty killer. That third player was interchangeable. Dorsett or Carcillo, it didn't matter much either way.

The thinking may be that losing one of Boyle or Moore makes that line a crap shoot for next season. And if it is, then you have to put a cap on cost to mitigate the gamble. You might not be able to justify Moore at $1.8m on a fourth line that doesn't play like ours did this past year. It can be a spot you wait to address further at the deadline.

josh
06-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Carter would be ok. But doesn't seem like Rangers would walk away from Moore if hes only asking for that... must be other reasons to move on.

Puck Head
06-29-2014, 11:12 AM

Big difference between NHL and the leagues Lindberg has been taking draws on

Johnnydollaz18
06-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Pass on Carter, keep Dom Moore. He's a bit more valuable to this team than Carter could be.

ThirtyONE
06-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Not paying Moore 1.6m for three years would be foolish. He's easily worth that money and if something happens down the road, he's easily traded.

As for Carter and Fayne. I'd be interested in Carter for a decent price -- Fayne, maybe -- not both.

Pete
06-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Carter would be ok. But doesn't seem like Rangers would walk away from Moore if hes only asking for that... must be other reasons to move on.

Dom Moore is a feel-good story, but let's not forget that this is a player who always moves at the deadline and is never re-signed. Gotta be reason.

ThirtyONE
06-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Dom Moore is a feel-good story, but let's not forget that this is a player who always moves at the deadline and is never re-signed. Gotta be reason.

Because he's a cheap 4th line player. There's a reason he's traded by bad teams and picked up by good teams too... You can't deny how important he was for us last season.

Drew a Penalty
06-29-2014, 01:08 PM

That's true, but Lindberg did do very well against NHL centers at the WCs last year. It's a small sample size, but he matched up well against some very good Canadian centers. I don't think he'll be great at the NHL level to start, but he has good history. You have to start somewhere don't you?

CreaseCrusader91
06-29-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm surprised Slats would let Moore walk considering how close he is with Hank.

Vodka Drunkenski
06-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Relationships are great but guys get over them pretty quick. Avery was best friends with Lundqvist.

Winter
06-29-2014, 01:39 PM

So because of this logic, your saying he should never play in the NHL because he's never played in the NHL? Thats what I'm getting out of it. :confused:

Vodka Drunkenski
06-29-2014, 01:45 PM
So because of this logic, your saying he should never play in the NHL because he's never played in the NHL? Thats what I'm getting out of it. :confused:

Really? Because I don't get that at all, not even the slightest of what he was saying.

What I get out of it is that let's not anoint him this great face off guy because hasn't had much of a sniff of it at the NHL level.

josh
06-29-2014, 01:55 PM

True, but 1.8x2 (decent for us)... Tradable contract

Pete
06-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Because he's a cheap 4th line player. There's a reason he's traded by bad teams and picked up by good teams too... You can't deny how important he was for us last season.

Not sure how that addresses the fact he's rarely retained by the team trading for him... Mine he constantly prices himself out?

Pete
06-29-2014, 02:03 PM
True, but 1.8x2 (decent for us)... Tradable contract

Gotta be a reason...

Winter
06-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Really? Because I don't get that at all, not even the slightest of what he was saying.

What I get out of it is that let's not anoint him this great face off guy because hasn't had much of a sniff of it at the NHL level.

There's only one way to find out, Play in the NHL. Not sign someone for a million more than him when he likely can do the job. His playing level is what it is...hes not going to be a top 6 player, hes going to be a role player like Moore and for $675,000 not 1.6 or 3+(or whatever Boyle gets)

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 02:10 PM
I would take both at the right price. We made it to the cup because of our depth, we cant lose all of it so these are the signings we need to make. I am a big Ehrhoff fan and he would be a great pickup if Stralman leaves.

momentum
06-29-2014, 02:58 PM
I really hope they keep Dominic. Guy won the Masterton here, came back after his wife passed away. He deserves to be here

And he was just plain ol CLUTCH in the playoffs, this guys deserves it, really hope they can keep him. But in all these cases of free agents its not only the Rangers that needs to be reasonable, the players themselves have to be willing to meat in the middle as well if they want to play here so much.

CreaseCrusader91
06-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Gotta be a reason...

I think he's a different guy now. That's before his wife died. I think he used to be a guy that thought more highly of himself than e actually was.

Now he is more cognizant of how to make the most of opportunities.

ThirtyONE
06-29-2014, 03:05 PM
I think he's a different guy now. That's before his wife died. I think he used to be a guy that thought more highly of himself than e actually was.

Now he is more cognizant of how to make the most of opportunities.

this is absurd. Because his wife died he's not going to ask for more money in UFA? C'mon. He gets traded because he's valuable to other teams. He's a fourth liner and generally career fourth liners don't have long careers (see: Blair Betts) but because he's so good at what he does, his career continues to move on. While he won't be getting any 7 year deals, he's still wanted by teams looking for depth.

TwoMinutesForNothing
06-29-2014, 03:09 PM
this is absurd. Because his wife died he's not going to ask for more money in UFA? C'mon. He gets traded because he's valuable to other teams. He's a fourth liner and generally career fourth liners don't have long careers (see: Blair Betts) but because he's so good at what he does, his career continues to move on. While he won't be getting any 7 year deals, he's still wanted by teams looking for depth.

That's not what he said at all. He was implying that it may have given him a new perspective of what's really important in life. It's very plausible. I remember years ago reading that he wasn't really a team guy and had locker room issues. Now he seems to be a key guy in the room and team leader. This may just come with maturity as well.

Captain Clutch
06-29-2014, 03:15 PM
I remember when Moore was pretty bitter at the Rangers for trading him. Things change. he grew up, had something incredibly awful affect his life. probably changed his perspectives.

ThirtyONE
06-29-2014, 03:23 PM
That's not what he said at all. He was implying that it may have given him a new perspective of what's really important in life. It's very plausible. I remember years ago reading that he wasn't really a team guy and had locker room issues. Now he seems to be a key guy in the room and team leader. This may just come with maturity as well.

I don't think it's appropriate to bring up his wife when talking about his UFA status or how much money he's making or even why he's bounced around the league.

Dunny
06-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Moore gets traded a lot because nobody likes(d) him. Things may have changed, but he was, at least, not well liked around the league.

Gorilla Salad
06-29-2014, 04:38 PM
No, but Klein would likely move up in this scenario where Fayne steps in on the third pairing with John Moore.

Fayne play right side or left? Right, I'd presume, if they are pinning him as a replacement.

I wasn't too crazy about Klein this year. He's a quite D-man, but too invisible too often, I don't think he'll work well in a role with greater responsibility.

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Maybe Moore should just sign with whatever Sather offers him before he ends up with no contract. The team makes one cup final and everybody wants big extensions. Just sign a damn contract

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 04:48 PM
I wasn't too crazy about Klein this year. He's a quite D-man, but too invisible too often, I don't think he'll work well in a role with greater responsibility.

Klein was a top 4 dman in Nashville. What do you expect Klein to do? He is a solid dman, he doesnt score but he does his job.

Cash or Czech?
06-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Maybe Moore should just sign with whatever Sather offers him before he ends up with no contract. The team makes one cup final and everybody wants big extensions. Just sign a damn contract

Lol. If only were that easy. Unfortunately it's a business and guys can cash out after a good season. If he doesn't get the money from us, he'll get it elsewhere.

Cash or Czech?
06-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Klein was a top 4 dman in Nashville. What do you expect Klein to do? He is a solid dman, he doesnt score but he does his job.

Be more reliable than playing 13 minutes per game in the playoffs. He was literally the least trusted of any of our defensemen. I'd also like to see more consistency from him. He jumped up in the play a lot but he doesn't have that kind of skill. He has to keep it simple, block some shots and make some hits. He can have an expanded role if he does those things. Weber and Suter sheltered him a lot in Nashville when those guys were playing 25+ minutes per game.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20143NYRDADALL&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=summary

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Be more reliable than playing 13 minutes per game in the playoffs. He was literally the least trusted of any of our defensemen. I'd also like to see more consistency from him. He jumped up in the play a lot but he doesn't have that kind of skill. He has to keep it simple, block some shots and make some hits. He can have an expanded role if he does those things. Weber and Suter sheltered him a lot in Nashville when those guys were playing 25+ minutes per game.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20143NYRDADALL&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=summary

But he was on the 3rd pairing lol, as long as he doesnt cost us games he is solid. Not sure what the big deal is. We have bigger problems than Klein

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Lol. If only were that easy. Unfortunately it's a business and guys can cash out after a good season. If he doesn't get the money from us, he'll get it elsewhere.

I understand that but why not stay with the team you just reached a cup with? This is why Moore can never last on an nhl team

Pete
06-29-2014, 06:40 PM
But he was on the 3rd pairing lol, as long as he doesnt cost us games he is solid. Not sure what the big deal is. We have bigger problems than Klein

Not if Klein is taking Stralman minutes.

Cash or Czech?
06-29-2014, 07:01 PM

He was also playing against much weaker competition than Girardi or Stralman and was marginal at best. You're talking about increasing his minutes and his role against stronger opponents and expecting better play. He didn't clear the puck out of the zone or give good outlet passes. He looked good because he joined the rush but he really shouldn't be doing that. If he tightens his game up, fine, but right now we're out a top-4 defenseman and looking at a third pairing guy to replace him unless we find somebody from outside the organization.

Cash or Czech?
06-29-2014, 07:02 PM
I understand that but why not stay with the team you just reached a cup with? This is why Moore can never last on an nhl team

Because hockey players have a shelf life to make $$$$ before their careers on the ice are over.

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 08:31 PM
He was also playing against much weaker competition than Girardi or Stralman and was marginal at best. You're talking about increasing his minutes and his role against stronger opponents and expecting better play. He didn't clear the puck out of the zone or give good outlet passes. He looked good because he joined the rush but he really shouldn't be doing that. If he tightens his game up, fine, but right now we're out a top-4 defenseman and looking at a third pairing guy to replace him unless we find somebody from outside the organization.

I dont think Klein is a problem on this team. He is 29-30 years old, if he ever had to play top 4 minutes next to Staal, i think he would be fine. He isnt a rookie. Most of our defense doesnt know how to clear the puck and its a problem, not just Klein. I'd rather worry about getting a partner for Staal because i wouldnt want to see Klein in a top 4 role, BUT if it happened i'm sure he will be fine.

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Because hockey players have a shelf life to make $$$$ before their careers on the ice are over.

Dominic Moore is a 4th liner, there is a limit to how much money he can make. Some of our guys should shut up and sign.

Cash or Czech?
06-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Dominic Moore is a 4th liner, there is a limit to how much money he can make. Some of our guys should shut up and sign.

That's an unrealistic expectation of an unrestricted free agent.

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 08:50 PM
That's an unrealistic expectation of an unrestricted free agent.

Well what about guys like Zucc? Kreider? They are RFA, i mean what do they want? We know Pouliot and Boyle are basically gone but the RFA are different.

Cash or Czech?
06-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Well what about guys like Zucc? Kreider? They are RFA, i mean what do they want? We know Pouliot and Boyle are basically gone but the RFA are different.

Well yes, RFAs have less leverage and should sign. Kreider and John Moore have little to no leverage. I believe that Brassard is arbitration eligible and I am not sure about Zuccarello, but they can go that route and have an arbitrator decide their salary while I believe the team selects one or two years (this is dependent on who elects for arbitration).

Showstoppa113
06-29-2014, 09:30 PM
Moore would be a HUGE loss in my mind especially over ~$500,000...

RangersFan
06-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Well yes, RFAs have less leverage and should sign. Kreider and John Moore have little to no leverage. I believe that Brassard is arbitration eligible and I am not sure about Zuccarello, but they can go that route and have an arbitrator decide their salary while I believe the team selects one or two years (this is dependent on who elects for arbitration).

Thats what i meant. Our RFA should just sign so Sather can figure out the UFA deals. Not one damn player has signed and free agency is in 2 days.

Vodka Drunkenski
06-29-2014, 10:27 PM
It's a business, they do what's best for them.

Dunny
06-29-2014, 11:27 PM
As they should. I'd never fault a guy for taking more money, or taking less to be in a good spot family wise. Just think how loyal we are to our employers lol. Fuck employers.

Puck Head
06-29-2014, 11:37 PM
That's true, but Lindberg did do very well against NHL centers at the WCs last year. It's a small sample size, but he matched up well against some very good Canadian centers. I don't think he'll be great at the NHL level to start, but he has good history. You have to start somewhere don't you?

He did very solid at WC.
But you can go to the IIHF and see the per game breakdowns, (I posted them here in the past).
It kind of debunks the idea that he's great against NHL players.

He went something like 15/16 against the Republic of Pacific Islands in one game or something...kind of threw it out of whack.

RangersRule2
06-30-2014, 12:25 AM

Not THE RANGERS.....Sather.

Guys throws nutso money at Holik, Gomez, and Redden and then plays Scrooge with guys who show they can play in NY.

Vodka Drunkenski
06-30-2014, 03:20 AM
Welcome to the salary cap, enjoy your stay.

BlairBettsBlocksEverything
06-30-2014, 09:29 AM
I dont think Klein is a problem on this team. He is 29-30 years old, if he ever had to play top 4 minutes next to Staal, i think he would be fine. He isnt a rookie. Most of our defense doesnt know how to clear the puck and its a problem, not just Klein. I'd rather worry about getting a partner for Staal because i wouldnt want to see Klein in a top 4 role, BUT if it happened i'm sure he will be fine.

This is basically how I've felt about him. He'd be a great bottom pair D man but in a pinch, I'm definitely comfortable if he had to play 2nd pair minutes.

Slobberknocker
06-30-2014, 11:34 AM
The NHL really screwed the pooch putting the cap at 69 mln. i thought low end would be 70 myself and maybe 71ish.

i tought prior we'd definately loose strahl's and boyle but i could see losing moore, pouls as well now.

it might be baptism by fire for some of our youth here.

Phil in Absentia
06-30-2014, 11:39 AM
:tweet: @TGfireandice: Told Rangers checked in on Fayne & Carter just to see where things stood with them.

:tweet: @TGfireandice: Get sense Rangers wanted to see where things were with Fayne in case things don't work out with Stralman, Dan Boyle.

Captain Clutch
06-30-2014, 12:17 PM
I kinda wish they would kick the tires with Ehrhoff a bit more over Dan Boyle, but it's safe to assume Ehrhoff is looking for another long term, high cap hit deal.

DiJock94
06-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Problem with ehrhoff is that they need a right handed defenseman. Also think they will get outbid for dan Boyle but I think fayne would be a very solid 6d. Also giving Mcilrath more time to develope

ThirtyONE
06-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Dom Moore looks like he's half out the door already. Sucks. I'd take D Moore over Rick Nash at this point. He's the exact kind of guy you need on a championship team and to squabble over pennies (relatively speaking) just makes me sad. Dom Moore is a proven playoff performer and Sather essentially just let him walk out the door.

As far as Fayne and Carter goes, my buddy who's a Devils fan says Fayne is rumored to be asking for $5m... So yeah, he can go screw.

Future
06-30-2014, 03:10 PM
That would make him more of a replacement for Boyle, especially since he's unproven at the NHL level.

No reason you couldn't have a 4th line with Moore and Lindberg.

!br-avery!
06-30-2014, 03:32 PM
I had a dream we signed Ehrhoff

ThirtyONE
06-30-2014, 04:04 PM
:tweet: @NYP_Brooksie: (2/3) Rangers in talks to keep Dom Moore...

I guess the Rangers have contacted Moore today... Good news!

Slobberknocker
07-01-2014, 10:34 AM
i'd like to see moore back. good veteran presence, can take faceoffs.

leetchy2
07-01-2014, 11:14 AM
For some reason I'd rather keep Boyle over Moore. Would actually like to keep both, but if that's not possible because of the cap I'd rather retain Boyle.

Respecttheblue
07-01-2014, 01:29 PM
ttp://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456155

The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with defenceman Mark Fayne on a four-year contract and winger Benoit*Pouliot on a five-year contract.
Pouliot's deal is reportedly worth $20 million over five years. Fayne's deal is believed to be $14 million over four.
Fayne, 27, scored four goals and seven assists in 72 games with the New Jersey Devils in 2013-14.

And another idea bites the dust …

You drive around at lunch time with the radio on you hear this shit and say "WTF?" …maybe its time to retool with a little youth … Kristo, Fast, Miller, Conor Allen … can you get your butts ready?" I know; not going to happen. Not seeing that many "rookies" starting a season, so we're gonna probably wind up getting some other team's sloppy retreads and reclamations. I hope they are not a step backward versus Boyle, Pouliot and Stralman.