• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Actor Paul Walker Dead At 40

RichieNextel305

Very tragic, damn. RIP Paul :(

Paul's rep just released a statement about his death, and says "He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives." Witnesses on the scene said the car was Paul's ... but also said he was in the passenger seat. Sources close to Paul tell us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort, and had been taking friends out for rides in his new Porsche Carrera GT. The accident happened during one of those test spins.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1533818.1385868361!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/front1n-6.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/01/article-2516303-19BF938300000578-301_964x704.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/01/article-2516303-19BF93FE00000578-655_964x680.jpg

1480612_10201887219916261_1140576132_n.jpg

What shenanigans?

The accident took place about 300 yards from where the event was held, and the posted speed limit in that spot was 45 MPH. Still speculation but you're going to tell me that there was not significant speed involved in this crash, especially seeing what that car looked like? Come on.

I'm not heartless and I feel for him, his family, and the driver, but having a Porsche and being an actor doesn't give you the license to be a jerk off on the road and put others at risk.

The accident took place about 300 yards from where the event was held, and the posted speed limit in that spot was 45 MPH. Still speculation but you're going to tell me that there was not significant speed involved in this crash, especially seeing what that car looked like? Come on.

I'm not heartless and I feel for him, his family, and the driver, but having a Porsche and being an actor doesn't give you the license to be a jerk off on the road and put others at risk.

He wasn't driving and I don't think it was his Porsche. I also feel really bad for the guy and anyone who cared about him, because I understand the thrill of a fast car so well and I know people can get carried away by it, but I was surprised at the wreck, because that's a Carrera GT and you need to drive it damn fast to wreck it like that. This was probably some really irresponsible driving.

Yeah, one of the most ironic deaths in Hollywood I can remember.

Ah, wasn't aware of those details. But, you still can't blame the passenger...

He wasn't driving and I don't think it was his Porsche. I also feel really bad for the guy and anyone who cared about him, because I understand the thrill of a fast car so well and I know people can get carried away by it, but I was surprised at the wreck, because that's a Carrera GT and you need to drive it damn fast to wreck it like that. This was probably some really irresponsible driving.

Exactly yeah. From the pictures I've seen, that section was before a 90 degree turn with a 15 mph speed limit posted. Plus you have those raised lane markers which can be very slippery. Now I'm sure you don't have to slow down all the way to 15 mph to take that turn safely. But from the looks of the impact, the driver must've been driving really irresponsibly, probably 90 mph+. Even though the driver was a former professional driver (Pirelli World Challenge Series), that's highly irresponsible driving.

So he let his friend behind the wheel of a super car that is known to be very hard to control, let alone by someone who probably had never driven such a car. To late now, both died for no good reason, the lesson in this, never let your friends behind the wheel of your supercar that has never had any experience driving such a machine, let alone in a public road. Thank God he did not kill anyone else. RIP.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Archived