• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

iOS 7

Phil

Am I really the only one who really loves it? It's so much smarter by being so much simpler. The fly-out menu with direct access to Bluetooth, Camera, Calculator, etc. is probably one of the best features Apple has added to an operating system of any kind in years.

From a design perspective, I get that some people don't really like the simplicity of the flat colors, but honestly, the bubble/aqua thing had been in place for years. They needed to shake it up.

I have it installed my iPad as well, and honestly, it's just beautiful on there. It does feel like it was designed specifically for larger screens, however. I have the 4S still as well, and it's a little tighter than I'd hoped, but it's still an upgrade over the prior OS from a design perspective, and from a user experience one as well.

I love it. I wiped my phone before upgrading and booted all of my settings and apps from iCloud instead of my last backup (which I thin was corrupted) and my phone runs smoother than iOS 6 and the battery life is so much better. I'm getting through my days with 60% battery left when I used to be around 20. Combine that with all the small practicality features it's added and how much cleaner it looks and I actually have no interest in updating my phone now, whereas pre-iOS 7 I was looking at either the new iPhone or an android device. This updates makes me love my phone again, which I haven't since iOS 6 came out.

I'm running a 4s btw.

I love it. I wiped my phone before upgrading and booted all of my settings and apps from iCloud instead of my last backup (which I thin was corrupted) and my phone runs smoother than iOS 6 and the battery life is so much better. I'm getting through my days with 60% battery left when I used to be around 20. Combine that with all the small practicality features it's added and how much cleaner it looks and I actually have no interest in updating my phone now, whereas pre-iOS 7 I was looking at either the new iPhone or an android device. This updates makes me love my phone again, which I haven't since iOS 6 came out.

I'm running a 4s btw.

I did the exact same thing. I'll let you know how my battery life does, because I had similar issues. By the time I'd get home, I was lucky if I was at 30%.

Am I really the only one who really loves it? It's so much smarter by being so much simpler. The fly-out menu with direct access to Bluetooth, Camera, Calculator, etc. is probably one of the best features Apple has added to an operating system of any kind in years.

From a design perspective, I get that some people don't really like the simplicity of the flat colors, but honestly, the bubble/aqua thing had been in place for years. They needed to shake it up.

I'm on board with you, Phil. I love it! Much faster.

I love the new IOS as well, but for me, it seems to drain my iPhone battery a lot quicker. Just driving to work yesterday, I went from charged down to 92%, and I turned off all of my apps as well. Thats the only thing I dont like.

This as well is my only knock on it. And I tuned off the automatic resfreshing of running apps, that also helped the battery life a little.

This as well is my only knock on it. And I tuned off the automatic resfreshing of running apps, that also helped the battery life a little.

Thanks for that advice, I didn't know that. I also turned off the auto brightness, I don't know why it turned that on in the upgrade.

Those bastards! I bet that is a huge reason why the battery life sucks so much.

Thanks

Thanks for that advice, I didn't know that. I also turned off the auto brightness, I don't know why it turned that on in the upgrade.

Yeah somebody RT'ed it onto my TL on Twitter, so I went in and did it, it's worked so far. Been telling my friends about it also.

Archived