• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Private Math Tutoring

twentyseven

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone with children who might need extra help or knows of people who are in need of this service (I am always looking for new clients).

About me:

• 7th grade math teacher located in Forest Hills
  • 6th grade math team coach (team finished 1st in Queens, 3rd in New York City and tied for 6th in NYS)
  • graduate of the Bronx HS of Science
  • Have taught/tutored grades 4-college level calculus
  • Have extensive history in tutoring and teaching prep for the SAT, PSAT and Specialized HS Exam (Stuyvesant, Bx Science, Tech), however, only have taught/tutored the Math section.
  • Keynote speaker for my Master's commencement for the School of Education

My rates depend on what you may need

• SHSAT, SAT is 75 dollars/hour
  • General math help for any grades from middle school to high school is 50/hour

If you have any questions or wish to discuss rates PM me and I will get back to you! :)

Cool! It is probably a lot different now :)

I would say so. I had to take typewriting class when I was there...Doubt they even have a typewriter in the building now. I think Sage, FHHS changed alot after I graduated from there.

I just whipped out my yearbook. I actually graduated in 1991

Are any of these teachers, staff still there? Mr. Levine? Dr. Katz? Mr. Hendelman? Mr. Orenstein? Mr. Martin (he was my math teacher there), Mrs. Bitton? Mr. Evans?

Hahaha, wow, she was there when I was causing trouble at the school.

You live in the neighborhood?

Yeah I live on Dartmouth and Yellowstone. I don't mind giving out my intersection since there is only about a million apartments at that intersection :D

Yeah I live on Dartmouth and Yellowstone. I don't mind giving out my intersection since there is only about a million apartments at that intersection :D

Drove by as I went to Trader Joes a couple of hours ago. Use to play Little League at Fleet St. I now live near Queens College off of Jewel Ave before Main St.

Once hockey season starts up we should shoot the shit at Forest Hills Station so you can rant a little more about your wedding planning. LOL!

Drove by as I went to Trader Joes a couple of hours ago. Use to play Little League at Fleet St. I now live near Queens College off of Jewel Ave before Main St.

Once hockey season starts up we should shoot the shit at Forest Hills Station so you can rant a little more about your wedding planning. LOL!

hahaha, definitely! I pass by QC when i go to my summer job in Fresh Meadows.

• 2 months later...

Random bump. If anyone needs this service, I only have the weekends available.

I teach 6th grade honors and 8th grade math. I taught 7th grade last year.

I tutor both middle school and high school students (I know all of the curriculums) and I specialize in test prep (SHSAT PSAT SAT GRE)

Random bump. If anyone needs this service, I only have the weekends available.

I teach 6th grade honors and 8th grade math. I taught 7th grade last year.

I tutor both middle school and high school students (I know all of the curriculums) and I specialize in test prep (SHSAT PSAT SAT GRE)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived