• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

L-Degrees Website Measures Temperature of all L Train Stations

Phil

http://www.l-degrees.com/

Waiting for the L Train is a painful experience. The temperature inside the platform is often one of the highest in New York City.

This is due to 'heat sink' which is when heat from buildings and the sidewalk transfer heat outward. L-Degrees predicts the temperature daily by using the above ground temperature and data collected from countless readings looking at the difference between above ground temperature and platform temperature.

101?F at the Graham Ave. stop I take every day.

Fuck. This. Weather.

I've been downing an entire pint of water before I even enter the station every morning the last week and a half. It's like that scene from Chronicles of Riddick where they have to out-run the sun rise that scorches the planet's surface.

You wish you were that jacked.

True, but I want nothing to do with the process of getting there. That just involves more sweat. I hate sweat.

On a related note, I think I'll take a nap on my couch when I get home today. No wife home to bother me until after 6, and an air conditioner a foot away blowing directly onto me. It's like heaven in a cup.

At least you're not getting blasted by the sun

Nah, just by the impact of stagnant, hipster body odor that just sits in the L train tunnels and gets pushed straight up your nose every time a train passes.

Most places don't. Infrastructure in many cities is too old to support it and the cities that do need it only need it for like a month and a half so the cost isn't really justified. But the windows in my room won't open to allow the 60 degree breeze in so it's brutal

Wear a bullet proof vest, a 20lb gun belt and long pants hit standing in the heat for three hours before having to break into a full sprint. You know nothing of sweat, Phil.

I already told you, Nik — you deserve every ounce of that pain for the years of grief you gave me and anyone else who complained about sweating in the summer while you went from air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned apartment. The four and a half minutes, total, you spent actually in the heat at the time, all while tearing into anyone who complained about having to spend much longer time periods in it, is why you get zero sympathy from me now. I hope you melt, son. They should have to sop you up with a sponge by the end of every day and ring you out so you come back to form like the T-1000.

I already told you, Nik ? you deserve every ounce of that pain for the years of grief you gave me and anyone else who complained about sweating in the summer while you went from air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned apartment. The four and a half minutes, total, you spent actually in the heat at the time, all while tearing into anyone who complained about having to spend much longer time periods in it, is why you get zero sympathy from me now. I hope you melt, son. They should have to sop you up with a sponge by the end of every day and ring you out so you come back to form like the T-1000.

I don't mind the heat when I'm chilling in shorts and a tshirt. It's standing for 9 hours straight with all this shit on. Than if I have to run for like 5 blocks, I'm fucked because its like opening a faucet tat oesnt turn off until I get home to shower.

I don't mind the heat when I'm chilling in shorts and a tshirt. It's standing for 9 hours straight with all this shit on. Than if I have to run for like 5 blocks, I'm fucked because its like opening a faucet tat oesnt turn off until I get home to shower.

I'm sorry, did you type that response from your air conditioned office, car or apartment?

Melt, son. I'll talk to you when you're a puddle on the ground.

Archived