• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

IFTTT

Pete

I saw this when it was in Beta and I'm playing with it now. Just started, but it seems fun. Practical uses? People heavy on social media can use it to push updates across different SM sites.

Someone heavy into a topic might also see it as useful. Take this forum for example. Since you can use RSS feeds with IFTTT, you could create a recipe where every time Gross added a new blog post to his Ranger Rants blog (http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/rss_2.0/), we could send out a tweet on the BSBH twitter account. This could be done for a number of RSS sources.

Scratch that, they do now, but when this site first came out a while ago, they didn't.

Twitter very recently changed their API so that's probably why they didn't have it at first. It sucks too, the change to the twitter API removed RSS feeds I believe. So we can't automatically retweet Official Rangers' Player Tweets, for example.

Twitter very recently changed their API so that's probably why they didn't have it at first.

They're also killing 3rd party apps because they want everyone using the Twitter app (which fucking blows beyond belief) or the Web site (what is this, 2010?).

They're also killing 3rd party apps because they want everyone using the Twitter app (which fucking blows beyond belief) or the Web site (what is this, 2010?).

Proprietary is the new Open Source.

There's a backdoor though. I'm using a 3rd party Twitter app that was killed by the token limit imposed by Twitter. The 3rd party app is so much better than Twitter's official app, it's not even funny.

Wanna know why they're forcing people to use the official app? Advertising. 3rd party apps don't have the Twitter featured pages/ads that come up on the official feed.

There's a backdoor though. I'm using a 3rd party Twitter app that was killed by the token limit imposed by Twitter. The 3rd party app is so much better than Twitter's official app, it's not even funny.

Wanna know why they're forcing people to use the official app? Advertising. 3rd party apps don't have the Twitter featured pages/ads that come up on the official feed.

I use Falcon Pro, but now I have to use an older version because the newer version ran out of Tokens.

I'm fine with proprietary, but then you better make damn sure that you have the best app, not the worst. The Twitter app is fucking garbage. It's embarrassing.

Mobile or OS? I love the OS one. I use it every single day. Barely use the mobile app.

I use Falcon Pro, but now I have to use an older version because the newer version ran out of Tokens.

I use Falcon Pro too and there's a way to get around the token bullshit:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/4/4494564/falcon-pro-update-lets-users-circumvent-twitters-token-limits

Takes a bit of work, but it lets you get around the token and you can use the latest version.

Huh? Twitter for Android. I don't know what the iPhone has.

You're talking mobile. All their mobile apps are pretty crappy. Their OS versions are fantastic, though. I don't remember the last time I actually went to Twitter's website to read or write tweets.

You're talking mobile. All their mobile apps are pretty crappy. Their OS versions are fantastic, though. I don't remember the last time I actually went to Twitter's website to read or write tweets.

I only go on to twitter on my phone. I use SilverBird for Chrome at my laptop.

Archived