• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Changes to the Annual BSBH Awards ? Let the People Decide

Pete

What say you, BSBH?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What say you, BSBH?

• Current Winner Will Be Ineligible to Win Consecutively
    • May the Best Candidate Win!

Hey Folks,

It's almost time for the Annual BSBH Year End Awards. Before we open nominations, we need some feedback from you guys on how this should work.

Some awards are going to be 1 win only awards, such as the Nevins Award and the Clutterbuck Award. We view the Nevins as sort of a "Lifetime Achievement" Award and the funniest username...well, if you win once and don't change your name, you shouldn't win again.

That being said, as it relates to the other awards...In order to keep things fresh and interesting, we've toyed with the idea that the current holder of an award should not be eligible to win the award consecutively. For example, Phil holds the "Forever Frozen Award", so he would not be eligible to win it again, but someone else will win this year, and he'll be eligible again next year.

Would you guys prefer that method, or would you prefer the best candidate win, and I keep the Boogaard forever?

Please vote in the poll and post any rationales here. The Staff will be abstaining from posting in this poll as to not influence the users in any way, but we will answer questions if you have them.

Who would vote for themselves?

I didn't say to vote for yourself. If you won the XX award last year and someone(s) don't agree with repeat winners, they can vote for someone else. I think the previous winners should have a chance to defend, though.

I didn't say to vote for yourself. If you won the XX award last year and someone(s) don't agree with repeat winners, they can vote for someone else. I think the previous winners should have a chance to defend, though.

Ohh, gotcha. Misunderstood.

Archived