• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Manhattan DMV

Fuhgeddaboudit

Does anyone have any experience with the Manhattan DMV? I believe one is on 34th and 8th avenue right near MSG.

I would go to the DMV near my house but I really don't want to take another day off work to go there, and they close early.

If so, do they deal with address changes? Changing of license?

I tried doing it online but I believe I ordered a duplicate like last year (maybe 8 months ago) and the message I got when trying to do it online was that I cannot process anymore online and that I have to call the DMV or go to a DMV.

Yeah, used to work right down the street from it in the Empire State Building.

They do deal with address changes or license information. When you walk in, there's usually a help desk area that will direct you to where you need to go. If I recall correctly, you'll need to stand in line (go early, like when they open, and you'll avoid the massive lines that can form there) for one of the standard tellers who will have you fill out the new information which you pay a fee for and they'll then mail you your updated license.

Yeah, used to work right down the street from it in the Empire State Building.

They do deal with address changes or license information. When you walk in, there's usually a help desk area that will direct you to where you need to go. If I recall correctly, you'll need to stand in line (go early, like when they open, and you'll avoid the massive lines that can form there) for one of the standard tellers who will have you fill out the new information which you pay a fee for and they'll then mail you your updated license.

I believe it says 4 to 6 weeks on the form. Any way to get around that? Because I'm going to Florida in August and the person who bought me the ticket put that I live in my new address and not my old, so now I am worried that I will only have my license with the old address on it.

Does anyone have any experience with the Manhattan DMV? I believe one is on 34th and 8th avenue right near MSG.

I would go to the DMV near my house but I really don't want to take another day off work to go there, and they close early.

I tried doing it online but I believe I ordered a duplicate like last year (maybe 8 months ago) and the message I got when trying to do it online was that I cannot process anymore online and that I have to call the DMV or go to a DMV.

I believe you can do that at any DMV. But I would def. call and find out first.

I love that DMV because its never as packed as the ones in Queens.

I believe it says 4 to 6 weeks on the form. Any way to get around that? Because I'm going to Florida in August and the person who bought me the ticket put that I live in my new address and not my old, so now I am worried that I will only have my license with the old address on it.

I believe you're okay as long as your license isn't expired, but I may be wrong. It's just to verify that you're you.

Can you try to change the address on the ticket?

Get there EARLY!!!! at least a 1/2 hour before the doors open.

You might be able to pay a rush processing fee. You'll wanna call them now, or ask the clerk when you get there.

He will get a temporary document no? That plus his current license should suffice.

No, not for a change of address on a license unless his current one is expired. Photo/address, etc. updates are just standard. You keep your current license until the new one arrives.

Archived